SBCL 1.0.51 has been released, with the following changes:
changes in sbcl-1.0.51 relative to sbcl-1.0.50:
* minor incompatible change: SB-BSD-SOCKET socket streams no longer
participate in SERVE-EVENT by default: pass :SERVE-EVENTS T to
MAKE-SOCKET-STREAM if using SERVE-EVENT.
* enhancement: added support for socket keepalive timeout intervals
and probe counts on Linux.
* enhancement: building 32-bit SBCL on Linux/x86-64 now works without a
chroot. (Use "SBCL_ARCH=x86 sh make.sh" to build.)
* enhancement: added new toplevel options --quit and --non-interactive
* enhancement: the Windows port of SBCL now builds and runs on Wine
(thanks to Anton Kovalenko).
* enhancement: more, and more correct, SSE instruction definitions on
x86-64 (thanks to Alexander Gavrilov).
* enhancement: SB-EXT:SPIN-LOOP-HINT assembles to an instruction designed
to help the processor execute spin loops, when applicable. Currently
implemented for x86 and x86-64.
* optimization: unsigned integer divisions by a constant are implemented
using multiplication (affects CEILING, FLOOR, TRUNCATE, MOD, and REM.)
* optimization: improved type-derivation for LOAD-TIME-VALUE.
* bug fix: correct RIP offset calculation in SSE comparison and shuffle
* bug fix: COERCE to unfinalized extended sequence classes now works.
(reported by Jan Moringen; lp#815155)
* bug fix: a compiler error during typecheck generation, reported by Eric
* bug fix: obsolete instance protocol fires when shared slots are added
* bug fix: fixed-format floating point printing with scaling factors.
* bug fix: using GCC >= 4.6 to build SBCL on x86 no longer breaks
* bug fix: better backtraces for interrupted syscall frames on x86.
* bug fix: SSE comparison instructions can be disassembled even when one
operand is in memory. (lp#814702)
* bug fix: incomplete writes when not using SERVE-EVENTS. (lp#820599)
* bug fix: MULTIPLE-VALUE-BIND + VALUES -> LET conversion could lose
type information associated with the VALUES form.
* bug fix: broken warnings/errors for type-errors involving
* bug fix: OPEN :IF-EXISTS :APPEND now returns correct FILE-POSITION
first write (lp#561642).
* bug fix: compiled closures from EVAL could not be DESCRIBEd. (lp#824974)
* bug fix: bound propagation involving conversion of large bignums to
floats no longer signals a SIMPLE-TYPE-ERROR, reported by Lutz Euler.
* bug fix: &REST to &MORE conversion still works in unsafe call to known
functions; reported by Lutz Euler (lp#826459).
* bug fix: bogus deadlocks from interrupts and GCs. (lp#807475, regression