I've tagged sbcl-1.0.42 in CVS and uploaded the usual goodies to
Sourceforge. Notes for this release are appended below.
changes in sbcl-1.0.42 relative to sbcl-1.0.41
* build changes
** Cross-compilation host is now specified to make.sh using
command-line argument --xc-host=<command> instead of a positional
argument. (thanks to Daniel Herring)
** Install location can be specified to make.sh using command-line
argument --prefix=<path>. (lp#550889s, thanks to Daniel Herring)
* optimization: The default implementation of
COMPUTE-DISCRIMINATING-FUNCTION does much less wasted work.
* enhancement: Explicit memory barrier operations are now available for use
by multithreaded code. See documentation for details.
* enhancement: Experimental support for threading on Linux/PPC.
* bug fix: RENAME-PACKAGE returns the package. (Thanks to Eric Marsden)
* bug fix: EXPT signals an error if first argument is a zero and second
argument is a floating point zero. (lp#571581, thanks to Roman Marynchak)
* bug fix: DEFTYPE signals an error for non-list lambda-lists.
(lp#576594, thanks to Roman Marynchak)
* bug fix: make ASDF-INSTALL compatible with the now-included ASDF2.
(lp#612998, reported by Phil Hargett; patch from Jim Wise)