I've just tagged and uploaded sbcl-1.0.37. There's a known but
apparently long-standing bug in core saving, which should be fixed early
in the next development series; if you haven't been affected by it
before, it's unlikely you will be in the near future, but just in case,
the symptom manifests as an assertion failure from the runtime.
changes in sbcl-1.0.37 relative to sbcl-1.0.36:
* enhancement: Backtrace from THROW to uncaught tag on x86oids now shows
stack frame thrown from.
* enhancement: WITH-COMPILATION-UNIT :POLICY allows restricting changes to
compiler optimization qualities inside dynamic extent of its body.
* enhancement: LOAD-LOGICAL-PATHNAME-TRANSLATIONS can be used to load
translations from SYS:SITE;<HOST>.TRANSLATIONS.NEWEST (thanks to Michael
* optimization: SLOT-VALUE and (SETF SLOT-VALUE) take advantage of
constraint propgation, allowing better compilation eg. when used to
access structures with WITH-SLOTS. (lp#520366)
* optimization: the compiler is now more aware of the type of the underlying
storage vector for multidimensional simple arrays resulting in better code
for accessing such arrays.
* optimization: passing NIL as the environment argument to TYPEP no longer
inhibits optimizing it. (lp#309788)
* optimization: more efficient register usage when handling single-float
arguments on x86-64. (thanks to Lutz Euler)
* optimization: ADJUST-ARRAY and STABLE-SORT on vectors no longer use
pre-allocated temporary vectors. (lp#496249)
* bug fix: Fix compiler error involving MAKE-ARRAY and IF forms
in :INITIAL-CONTENTS. (lp#523612)
* bug fix: FUNCTION-LAMBDA-EXPRESSION lost declarations from interpreted
* bug fix: bogus style warnings from certain (SETF SLOT-VALUE) and
WITH-SLOTS usages during compilation.
* bug fix: SB-C::CLASS-INFO now prints correctly. (lp#514762)
* enhancement: Can now build with ud2 instead of int3 as trap instruction on
all x86oid platforms with :UD2-BREAKPOINTS target feature.
* bug fix: Breakpoints now work when using ud2 instead of int3 as trap
instruction (tested on x86oid linux with ud2-breakpoints).
* bug fix: slam.sh now works on win32.
* bug fix: better differences of numeric types. (lp#309124)
* bug fix: arrays declared intersection and union types can have their
upgraded element type derived. (lp#316078)
* bug fix: SB-SPROF allocation profiling for all threads failed to profile
threads started during profiling. (lp#472499)
* bug fix: SB-INTROSPECT test failure when building without SB-EVAL feature.
* bug fix: SB-CLTL2:DECLARATION-INFORMATION did not take
SB-EXT:RESTRICT-COMPILER-POLICY into account. (lp#313337)
* bug fix: Comma inside a backquoted array or structure resulted in nonsense
values instead of signaling an error. (lp#309093)
* bug fix: Spurious unused variable warning in a DEFSTRUCT edge case.
* bug fix: More consistent warnings and notes for ignored DYNAMIC-EXTENT
* bug fix: FIND and POSITION on lists did not check sequence bounds properly
and failed to detect circular lists (lp#452008)
* bug fix: leakage from ~/.asdf-install into the ASDf-INSTALL contrib build
* bug fix: LOOP OF-TYPE VECTOR compile-time error. (lp#540186)
* bug fix: SIGNAL SB-SYS:INTERACTIVE-INTERRUPT before entering the debugger
due to it, so that handlers can run.
* bug fix: reparsing undefined types if they have become defined since
* bug fix: missing &REST type in a proclamation for a function with both
&REST and &KEY in lambda-list caused miscompilation (lp#458354)
* bug fix: WHO-CALLS information for source-transformed and compiler-macro
expanded calls (lp#542174)
* bug fix: more accurate WHO-MACROEXPANDS information; point into rather
than just at toplevel form.