I've just performed the necessary actions to release sbcl-1.0.36. The
freeze on development was somewhat slushier than usual, so upgraders may
want to take extra care with their testing. The release notes are
appended to the end of this message.
changes in sbcl-1.0.36 relative to sbcl-1.0.35:
* new feature: SB-EXT:TYPEXPAND-1, SB-EXT:TYPEXPAND, and
SB-EXT:TYPEXPAND-ALL behave exactly like their MACROEXPAND counterparts
but work on type specifiers.
* new feature: SB-EXT:DEFINED-TYPE-NAME-P returns whether a symbol is known
to name a type specifier.
* new feature: SB-EXT:VALID-TYPE-SPECIFIER-P returns whether a given type
specifier is valid where "valid" basically means "would be accepted as
second argument of TYPEP".
* new feature: SB-INTROSPECT:FUNCTION-TYPE takes a function-designator and
returns the function's declared, or derived FTYPE.
* new feature: SB-POSIX now supports accessing the d_ino member of
dirent structures. (Thanks to Philipp Marek and Pierre THEIRRY)
* new feature: The function SB-EXT:SEED-RANDOM-STATE has been added to
provide for seeding a RANDOM-STATE object with user-provided data or
from the operating system's PRNG. Also, (MAKE-RANDOM-STATE T) will
attempt to initialize the returned state from the operating system's
PRNG where possible. (Thanks to Fare Rideau; launchpad bug lp#310116)
* bug fix: Fix SB-SIMPLE-STREAMS:READ-VECTOR to correctly set the
FILE-POSITION of the stream being read from. (launchpad bug lp#491087)
* bug fix: Fix grammar and style issues for the docstrings of
printer-related variables and functions. (Thanks to mon_key; launchpad
* bug fix: Fix compilation on chenygc platforms. Thanks to Larry Valkama and
* bug fix: SB-THREAD:CONDITION-WAIT sometimes signaled a deadline twice
in a row even though a handler defered the deadline long into the
* bug fix: A deadline handler was run without interrupts enabled for a
deadline signaled within SB-THREAD:CONDITION-WAIT. That could result
in infinitely spinning, non-killable threads.
* bug fix: Backtrace from internal-errors on x86-64 os x was truncated
before reaching the erring stack frame.
* bug fix: Fix type derivation for EXPT when raising a fixnum to a
real power. (launchpad bug lp#525949)
* bug fix: Fix SB-EXT:GENERATION-* accessors for generations > 0 on
GENCGC platforms. (launchpad bug lp#529014)
* bug fix: More robust checks for invalid DEFMETHOD argument specializers.
(launchpad bug lp#525916)
* bug fix: Fix building on Darwin when sysctl is not in the user's PATH.
(Thanks to Robert Goldman)