SBCL 1.0.20 has been released, the release notes follow:
changes in sbcl-1.0.20 relative to 1.0.19:
* minor incompatible change: OPTIMIZE qualities
and SB-C::STACK-ALLOCATE-VALUE-CELLS no longer exist. See documentation
and SB-EXT:*STACK-ALLOCATE-DYNAMIC-EXTENT* for details.
* documentation: some slot access efficiency guidelines have been
added to the user manual.
* optimization: ASSOC-IF, ASSOC-IF-NOT, MEMBER-IF, MEMBER-IF-NOT,
RASSOC, RASSOC-IF, and RASSOC-IF-NOT are now equally efficient
as ASSOC and MEMEBER.
* optimization: calls to ASSOC, MEMBER, and RASSOC can be transformed
to more efficient EQ-comparison versions more often.
* optimization: enhanced derivation of DOLIST iteration variable type
for constant lists.
* optimization: constant folding of simple (LIST ...) forms as DOLIST
* optimization: runtime lookup of function definitions can be
elided in more cases, eg: (let ((x 'foo)) (funcall foo)).
* optimization: compiler is able to derive the return type of
(AREF (THE STRING X) Y) as being CHARACTER.
* optimization: CLRHASH on empty hash-tables no longer does pointless
work. (thanks to Alec Berryman)
* optimization: REPLACE deftransforms don't punt when :START1 or
:START2 is given
* bug fix: compiling DESTRUCTURING-BIND on constant list arguments
no longer emits a code deletion note. (reported by Andrew
* bug fix: bogus odd-number-of-keywords STYLE-WARNINGs from calls to
functions with an odd number of &OPTIONAL arguments, a &REST
argument, and one or more &KEY arguments at the call site.
* bug fix: STYLE-WARNINGs for functions with both &OPTIONAL and &KEY
arguments appeared at call sites as well.
* bug fix: fixed #425; CLOSE drops input buffers from streams, so
READ-LINE &co can no longer read from them afterwards. (reported
by Damien Cassou)
* bug fix: fixed #427: unused local aliens no longer cause compiler
breakage. (reported by Stelian Ionescu, Andy Hefner and Stanislaw
* bug fix: non-local exit from a WITH-ALIEN form no longer causes
alien-stack leakage. (reported by Andy Hefner)
* bug fix: PROGV signals an error when an attempt to violate declared
type of a variable or bind a constant is made.
* bug fix: SET signals an error when an attempt to violate declared
type of a variable is made.
* bug fix: restart computation during the execution of a restart
test function no longer causes infinite recursion. (reported by
* bug fix: calling SB-COVER:REPORT with a non-directory pathname now
signals an error. (thanks to Pierre Mai)
* bug fix: EXPORT left symbol unexported in conflict situations.
(thanks to Michael Weber)
* bug fix: correctly handle name conflicts involving CL:NIL.
(thanks to Michael Weber)
* bug fix: RESOLVE-CONFLICT restart for name conflicts handles
conflicts arising from USEing package with conflicting symbols
correctly. (thanks to Michael Weber)