Sources are in CVS and on the SourceForge File Releases page, ho ho
>From the NEWS file in the distribution:
changes in sbcl-1.0.13 relative to sbcl-1.0.12:
* minor incompatible change: RUN-PROGRAM now uses execvp(3) to find
an executable in the search path, and does so in the child
process's PATH. The function FIND-EXECUTABLE-IN-SEARCH-PATH has
been removed; it can be found in the CVS history, for somebody who
needs that search behavior (see the manual).
* minor incompatible change: compiler policy re. weakening type
checks has changed: now type checks are weakened on if SAFETY < 2
and SAFETY < SPEED.
* SB-EXT:NATIVE-NAMESTRING takes a new keyword AS-FILE, forcing
unparsing of directory pathnames as files. Analogously,
SB-EXT:PARSE-NATIVE-NAMESTRING takes an AS-DIRECTORY, forcing a
filename to parse into a directory pathname.
* enhancement: implicit generic function creation now signals a
specific style-warning IMPLICIT-GENERIC-FUNCTION-WARNING, which
users can bind handlers for and muffle around calls to LOAD.
* enhancement: RUN-PROGRAM allows unicode arguments and environments
to be used (using the default stream external format), and allows
non-simple strings to be used. (thanks to Harald Hanche-Olsen)
* optimization: COPY-SEQ, FILL, and SUBSEQ are 30-80% faster for
strings and vectors whose element-type or simplicity is not fully
known at compile-time.
* optimization: STRING-TRIM and related functions no longer allocate
a new string when no trimming needs to be performed. These functions
are also faster than before when the input string has been declared
as a simple-string.
* optimization: READ-SEQUENCE on simple-strings is up to 80% faster.
* optimization: READ-LINE is significantly faster for files containing
* optimization: non-open coded uses of character comparison operators
(e.g. char=) no longer cons when called with more than one parameter
on platforms supporting dynamic-extent allocation.
* bug fix: READ-SEQUENCE on composite stream wrapping a Gray stream
with STREAM-ELEMENT-TYPE (UNSIGNED-BYTE 8) signalled an error.
* bug fix: COPY-SEQ on lists did not signal a type-error on improper
lists in safe code.
* bug fix: some sequence functions elided bounds checking when
SPEED > SAFETY.
* bug fix: too liberal weakening of union-type checks when SPEED >
* bug fix: more bogus fixnum declarations in ROOM implementation
have been fixed.
William Harold Newman <william.newman@...>
PGP key fingerprint 85 CE 1C BA 79 8D 51 8C B9 25 FB EE E0 C3 E5 7C
High-society paraphernalia at budget prices -- spam title from sbcl-announce