Version 0.9.9 of SBCL is now on the usual sf.net CVS/HTTP places. Enjoy.
From the NEWS file in the distribution:
changes in sbcl-0.9.9 relative to sbcl-0.9.8:
* new platform: experimental support for the Windows operating
system has been added. (thanks to Alastair Bridgewater)
* fixed several bugs in and robustified the PPC FFI (including
callbacks). (thanks to Cyrus Harmon and Heiner Schwarte)
* bug fix: allow non-simple string symbol names (reported by Paul
* bug fix: interrupt handling on NetBSD (thanks to Richard M
* bug fix: saving a core corrupted callbacks on x86/x86-64
* bug fix: closed a loophole in metacircularity detection and
grounding in the PCL implementation of CLOS.
* bug fix: TRUENAME on "/" no longer returns a relative pathname.
(reported by tomppa on #lisp)
* bug fix: clear the direction flag on Lisp -> C transitions, as
required by the x86-64 ABI. Fixes mysterious GC crashes on SuSE.
(reported by Andrej Grozin and Hendrik Maryns)
* optimization: major improvements to GC efficiency on GENCGC platforms
* optimization: faster implementation of EQUAL
* optimization: emit more efficient opcodes for some common
immediate->register MOV instructions on x86-64. (thanks to Lutz Euler)
* optimization: several other minor code-generation improvements on x86-64
* fixed segfaults on x86 FreeBSD 7-current. (thanks to NIIMI Satoshi)
William Harold Newman <william.newman@...>
PGP key fingerprint 85 CE 1C BA 79 8D 51 8C B9 25 FB EE E0 C3 E5 7C
Ubi saeva indignatio ulterius cor lacerare nequit. -- Jonathan Swift's epitaph