The source and doc-compiled-into-HTML tarballs for sbcl-0.7.3 are now
available through SourceForge's file release system.
Christophe Rhodes will probably produce SPARC binary tarballs as well,
to be added to the release later.
From the NEWS file:
changes in sbcl-0.7.3 relative to sbcl-0.7.2:
* ANSI's DEFINE-SYMBOL-MACRO is now supported. (thanks to Nathan
Froyd porting CMU CL code originally by Douglas Thomas Crosher)
* SBCL now runs on the PPC archtiecture under Linux. It actually did
this as of 0.7.1.45, but was left out of the previous news section
(thanks to Dan Barlow)
* SBCL now runs on the Solaris operating system on SPARC architectures
(thanks to Christophe Rhodes's port of the CMUCL runtime)
* cleanups to the runtime on SPARC, both Linux and Solaris, and for
gcc>=3 (thanks to Nathan Froyd and Ingvar Mattsson)
* SPARC backend cleanups, allowing builds of cores optimized for V8
and V9 SPARCS, and also emission of code targeted to a particular
backend chosen at runtime (thanks to Christophe Rhodes and Raymond
* SBCL is closer to bootstrapping under CLISP, thanks to various
fixes by Christophe Rhodes.
* The fasl file format has changed again, to allow the compiler's
INFO database to support symbol macros.
* The user manual (in doc/) is formatted into HTML more nicely.
(thanks to coreythomas)
* The system is smarter about SUBTYPEP relationships, especially
those involving NOT types (including types such as ATOM which are
represented internally using NOT types). Thus SUBTYPEP is less
likely to return (VALUES NIL NIL) in general, and in particular
bugs 58 and (the remaining bits of) bug 50 are fixed. (thanks to
* The fasl file format has changed again, because the internal
representation of types now includes a new slot to support the new
* (not a change in the main branch of SBCL, but a related prototype
which can hopefully be merged into the main branch of SBCL in the
future:) Brian Spilsbury has produced a Unicode-enabled variant of
sbcl-0.7.0, available as a patch against sbcl-0.7.0 at
* Bug 151 fixed: GET-DISPATCH-MACRO-CHAR now returns NIL for undefined
dispatch macro character combinations. (thanks to Alexey Dejneka)
* Bugfix in PARSE-NAMESTRING: we now correctly parse unix namestrings
that superficially look like logical namestrings correctly.
* USER-HOMEDIR-PATHNAME now returns a (physical) pathname that SBCL
can deal with.
* Bugfix in DEFSTRUCT: BOA constructor lambda lists now accept (name
default supplied-p) for &optional and &key arguments. (thanks to
William Harold Newman <william.newman@...>
"Don't worry, you'll probably get a better project in two years time."
[What I just got told yesterday.] "Don't worry, I won't be here then."
[What I just thought.]
-- The Harassed Hacker (someone who used to be a Pragmatic Programmer)
PGP key fingerprint 85 CE 1C BA 79 8D 51 8C B9 25 FB EE E0 C3 E5 7C