sbcl-0.6.11 is now available both through the ordinary file release
system and through anonymous ftp, both accessible through
From the NEWS file:
changes in sbcl-0.6.11 relative to sbcl-0.6.10:
* Martin Atzmueller pointed out that bugs #9 and #25 are gone in
* bug 34 fixed by Martin Atzmueller: dumping/loading instances works
* fixed bug 40: TYPEP, SUBTYPEP, UPGRADED-ARRAY-ELEMENT-TYPE,
and UPGRADED-COMPLEX-PART-TYPE now work better with of compound
types built from undefined types, e.g. '(VECTOR SOME-UNDEF-TYPE).
* DESCRIBE now works on structure objects again.
* Most function call argument type mismatches are now handled as
STYLE-WARNINGs instead of full WARNINGs, since the compiler doesn't
know whether the function will be redefined before the call is
executed. (The compiler could flag local calls with full WARNINGs,
as per the ANSI spec "18.104.22.168 Semantic Constraints", but right now
it doesn't keep track of enough information to know whether calls
are local in this sense.)
* Compiler output is now more verbose, with messages truncated
later than before. (There should be some supported way for users
to override the default verbosity, but I haven't decided how to
provide it yet, so this behavior is still controlled by the internal
SB-C::*COMPILER-ERROR-PRINT-FOO* variables in
* Fasl file format version numbers have increased again, because
support for the Gray streams extension changes the layout of the
system's STREAM objects.
* The Gray subclassable streams extension now works, thanks to a
patch from Martin Atzmueller.
* The full LOAD-FOREIGN extension (not just the primitive
LOAD-FOREIGN-1) now works, thanks to a patch from Martin Atzmueller.
* The default behavior of RUN-PROGRAM has changed. Now, unlike CMU CL
but like most other programs, it defaults to copying the Unix
environment from the original process instead of starting the
new process in an empty environment.
* Extensions which manipulate the Unix environment now support
an :ENVIRONMENT keyword option which doesn't smash case or
do other bad things. The CMU-CL-style :ENV option is retained
for porting convenience.
* LOAD-FOREIGN (and LOAD-1-FOREIGN) now support logical pathnames,
as per Daniel Barlow's suggestion and Martin Atzmueller's patch
William Harold Newman <william.newman@...>
PGP key fingerprint 85 CE 1C BA 79 8D 51 8C B9 25 FB EE E0 C3 E5 7C