How are cameras (other than Quickcam Web which should work just fine) with
the VV6410 sensor working with eg. qc-usb-0.5.1 (don't use the latest cvs
version this time) in the following cases:
A. Compression compiled in with just "make all" but not used, ie.
driver loaded with "insmod quickcam.o compress=0"?
B. Compression compiled in with just "make all" _and_ used, ie.
driver loaded with "insmod quickcam.o compress=1"?
C. Compression _not_ compiled in with "USER_OPT=-DCOMPRESS=0 make all"?
Most interested I'd like to hear whether A. works as well as C. (C might
work better, but I don't know) and _if_ A. works then if B works also (I
suspect it might not). You should get 15 fps 320x240 with B. and it works
with Quickcam Web with ProductId 0x850 but maybe not with Dexxa.
When reporting results, please mention:
- VendorId and ProductId (the first is 0x046D, look with "lsusb").
- Camera sensor (hopefully VV6410, look with "cat
/proc/video/quickcam/video?" or just "dmesg" after loading the driver)
- Driver version (also use dmesg).
- Camera name if you know it.. whether it's Dexxa or Quickcam or
- And bridge chip, whether it's STVxxx or yyy... well, I don't know
even myself how to figure this out without opening the camera so
not really required.
Thanks for participating.