Results of extensive testing of all svg output from the C examples using
All results look ok.
A couple of minor points.
1) Example 18, page 8. Text "X axis" doesn't look quite right. It is a bit
squashed up. Fine with display, so I suspect this is a font / firefox issue.
2) Example 24 - text direction wrong for a couple of the languages. Having said
that, the fonts all appear correctly without any extra work - unlike most of our
3) Example 28 - page 2. Vertical positioning and rotation of text is different
to postscript version. png and pscairo drivers also shows different placement
again here, so there may be more general problems. Similarly for page 3. Page 4
shows some slight differences, (look in the word civilisation). svg results are
consistent with different viewers so it looks like a driver issue.
4) Good to see things like alpha support work for svg driver. This is a big plus
for svg over, for example, postscript.
5) Finally, svg rendering in firefox seems quite slow, particularly for examples
with shading and / or bitmap images (e.g. example 8, 20). We might want to
investigate ways of speeding this up if possible. Display also seems quite slow,
so it is probably a svg format issue. Postscript is also slow in these cases,
but not as slow.