I'm reformatting your attachment to 80 columns for ease of referring to
it in future mails.
- gstreamer errors/exceptions every few minutes of heavy usage.
follow them and fix.
- when seeking a lot (i.e. arrow keys in timeline) it fails
every once in a while to load frame in preview box. specially
if moving between empty and filled timeline space. follow
gstreamer exception and fix.
- marks: being able to draw vertical lines in the timeline that
mark special moments in time. it would be ideal this could be
snappy magnetic. example usecase is when producing a music
video marks are placed to match the video cuts to the music
- it is hard to select one frame. when importing a video that
has different cuts/shots in the same clip, you want to split
it precisely at the frame where the cut is, for this you need
precision or you will have to readjust manually the two sides
of the split.
- timeline head/pointer moving out of viewed zone when you play
the timeline. the timeline starts playing and the pointer
moves to the right, until it goes out of the timeline viewed
area (which doesn't update).
- clip preview frames at timeline aren't redrawn when in-n-out
points change. this is specially problematic when the split
hasn't been precise and you are stuck with a preview frame of
the end of the previous clip.
- make editing keyframes snappy magnetic, since in most cases
the position of those match something happening in an other
- being able to edit framerate of clips (like slowing down a
clip from 25fps to 20).
- autosave feature. saves the file automatically every X
- save in temp file everytime there is a new step in the history
so then you can be asked if you want to recover. the same way
text editors do it.
- importing and dropping into timeline multiple mp3s is
problematic. when trying to move/drop the second mp3 clip it
might crash or it might just ignore the user and not do it.
- "audio" text label doesn't move with the dividing horizontal
line. so when you start having multiple layers of video, the
audio label starts being besides a layer of video. related to
- "video"/"audio" text labels should be in the background of
timeline areas instead of wasting space.
- changing tool location to save screen real estate.
- timestamp input box for precision
- make a toolbox button and menu entry for editing keyframe
creation/removal. right now it is accesible just by
double-clicking on the clip, which means it's hidden from most
- key accelerators modifiable. people switching from other apps
are used to other keys (i.e. like 'K' for splits)
On Wed, 2010-08-18 at 17:31 +0200, Luis de Bethencourt wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I have spent the last few days making a music video in PiTiVi, with
> the goal of testing the application with a real life usecase. I
> actually had already created the same music video with an other
> application, this way I had the reference of previous experience.
> The good news is that I worked much faster in PiTiVi, I did in a
> matter of 3~4 days, what took me almost two weeks with the other
> application. Less is more and simple is better. The bad news is
> attached to this email, a file/report with the issues, possible
> features, bugs, etc... that I discovered. Let's talk about them.
> I would love your feedback since I'm going to start coding some of
> them in the next few days. We can also add the most interesting ones
> to the PiTiVi Love wikipage.
> This SF.net email is sponsored by
> Make an app they can't live without
> Enter the BlackBerry Developer Challenge
> _______________________________________________ Pitivi-pitivi mailing list Pitivi-pitivi@... https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/pitivi-pitivi