Date: 2007-01-24 07:47:35 -0800 (Wed, 24 Jan 2007)
(10:44:23) EvilDennisR: LSchiere2: Did we get anyone to update that?
(10:44:33) EvilDennisR: ...for beta6
(10:44:45) LSchiere2: I'm not sure its any different
(10:45:10) resiak: http://gaim.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/gaim/tags/v2_0_0beta6/ChangeLog?r1=17727&r2=18165
(10:45:16) resiak: that's beta5 to beta6
(10:45:26) LSchiere2: apparently it is different
--- web/htdocs/ChangeLog 2007-01-19 17:40:19 UTC (rev 18168)
+++ web/htdocs/ChangeLog 2007-01-24 15:47:35 UTC (rev 18169)
@@ -38,6 +38,10 @@
* The space wasted by the group expanders has been eliminated and
the expander setting in .gtkrc-2.0 is no longer needed
+ * Authorization requests don't popup new dialogs any more. They are
+ displayed at the bottom of the buddy list instead.
+ * New mail notifications don't popup new dialogs any more. The are
+ displayed at the top of the buddylist instead.
Conversations and Chats:
* Timestamps honor the locale. To use the traditional style,
@@ -126,6 +130,8 @@
times when people in your buddylist will most likely respond
to you, based on times in the past when they have responded
(Geoffrey Foster, Google Summer of Code)
+ * A few new plugins: Autoaccept, Autoreply, Buddy Notes, New Line, Offline
+ Message Emulation, Conversation Colors and Markerline
* Custom smiley receiving support (Irving Cordova & Francesco Fracassi)
@@ -145,8 +151,10 @@
* ICQ file transfer support with newer ICQ clients (Jonathan Clark,
Google Summer of Code)
- * Many overall improvements to OSCAR file transfers (Jonathan Clark,
- Google Summer of Code)
+ * Many overall improvements to AIM and ICQ file transfers (Jonathan
+ Clark, Google Summer of Code)
+ * Support for pausing and resuming AIM and ICQ file transfers
+ (Graham Booker)
* Ability to set ICQ "require authorization" and "web aware"
setting (Ettore Simone)
* ICQ encoding fix for offline buddies (Ilya Konstantinov)
@@ -201,7 +209,7 @@
The spaces (and now backslashes) must be backslash-escaped.
(Sadrul Habib Chowdhury)
* New e-mail notices are now grouped into one dialog.
- (Sadrul Habib Chowdhury)
+ (Sadrul Habib Chowdhury, Chris Stafford)
* "Open" in the File Transfer window integrates with GNOME, KDE, and
Windows and falls back to the browser in other environments.
* On Mac OS X, the keyboard/mouse idle time pref now uses system idle
@@ -702,7 +710,7 @@
* Removed "Icons on tabs", default to yes
* Removed "Sounds when you log in", default to no
* Removed "Seconds before resending autoresponse", default to 600
* Removed "Send autoresponse in active conversations", default to no
* Removed "Show people joining in window", default to yes
* Removed "Show people leaving in window", default to yes
@@ -970,7 +978,7 @@
list as well.
* Events in a conversation (user logged in, logged out, window closed,
etc.) now grey the tab.
- * Various bug fixes (larne from irc, Tim Ringenbach, Bjoern
+ * Various bug fixes (larne from irc, Tim Ringenbach, Bjoern
Voigt, Paul A (darkrain))
version 0.66 (07/18/2003):
@@ -1032,10 +1040,10 @@
* Napster protocol updates (Thanks Auke Kok).
version 0.62 (04/23/2003):
- * Keyboard shortcuts in the buddy list work again (Thanks Joe
+ * Keyboard shortcuts in the buddy list work again (Thanks Joe
* Support for Jabber XHTML messages
- * Ability to re-request authorization from ICQ and Jabber users by right
+ * Ability to re-request authorization from ICQ and Jabber users by right
clicking on them in your buddy list.
* Improved Zephyr internationalization.
* Bug causing 'Hide on Send' windows to be lost forever fixed.
@@ -1051,7 +1059,7 @@
* Re-implemented the logout icons.
* New icons for "away" and "aol" (Thanks, Moses Lei)
-version 0.60 (04/04/2003):
+version 0.60 (04/04/2003):
* Auto-loading protocol plugins.
* Plugins dialog and perl script menu merged into preferences.
@@ -1063,7 +1071,7 @@
* Added support for automake 1.6.
* aim:// URI's supported with gaim-remote command.
* Quit Gaim remotely with gaim-remote. (Thanks, John Silvestri)
- * Added rudimentary support for X11R6 session management. (Thanks,
+ * Added rudimentary support for X11R6 session management. (Thanks,
* Conversation backend and UI are now separated. (Thanks,
@@ -1071,11 +1079,11 @@
* As a side effect of the above: IPv6 support. Tested only with IRC
(you can receive ipv6 chat requests from irssi!).
- * Tray icon plugin--replaces the old GNOME applet. You'll need
- the panel Notification Area applet (aka system-tray-applet)
- for GNOME 2, or the Kicker for KDE 3.1. (Thanks, Robert
+ * Tray icon plugin--replaces the old GNOME applet. You'll need
+ the panel Notification Area applet (aka system-tray-applet)
+ for GNOME 2, or the Kicker for KDE 3.1. (Thanks, Robert
McQueen, Nicolás Lichtmaier, Kristian Rietveld, Ari Pollak &
* Added GAIM::remove_event_handler and made set_info short
@@ -1090,9 +1098,9 @@
* TOC no longer compiles statically by default--use OSCAR.
* ICQ plugin no longer gets built--use OSCAR.
- * Server-stored buddy lists for ICQ with full support for
+ * Server-stored buddy lists for ICQ with full support for
authorization (Thanks, Mark Doliner)
- * File send/receive support for Aim over Oscar (Thanks, William T.
+ * File send/receive support for Aim over Oscar (Thanks, William T.
Mahan and Mark Doliner)
* Non-direct connect typing notification for AIM over OSCAR.
(Thanks, Mark Doliner)
@@ -1105,19 +1113,19 @@
* Ability to add screenname@... people to AIM buddy lists.
(Thanks, Graham Booker)
* Ability to change ICQ password. (Thanks, Mark Doliner)
- * Option to have AIM notify you if you have
+ * Option to have AIM notify you if you have
unread mail. (Thanks, Mark Doliner)
* Parse URL messages, Contact Sending and Pager Messages
in ICQ. (Thanks, Mark Doliner)
* use snprintf instead of sprintf. (Thanks, William T. Mahan)
- * Fixed crashbug on empty rvous requests. (Thanks Brandon Scott
+ * Fixed crashbug on empty rvous requests. (Thanks Brandon Scott
(Xeon) for pointing this out, and Matt Pandina for the patch)
* Nice Oscar changes--mostly internal. (Thanks, Mark Doliner)
* Added more IRC slash commands -- /W, /VERSION, /MODE, /CTCP stuff,
-- and other cool IRC enhancments. (Thanks, Jonas Birmé)
- * IRC's /topic with no argument displays the current topic (Thanks,
+ * IRC's /topic with no argument displays the current topic (Thanks,
* DCC File Receive support for IRC.
* Optional password on IRC accounts. (Thanks, Christian Hammond)
@@ -1129,21 +1137,21 @@
* Jabber roster updated on group renames.
* Fixed a possible segfault when signing off Jabber. (Thanks,
- * Improved typing notification support for Jabber and
+ * Improved typing notification support for Jabber and
Yahoo! (Thanks, Nathan Walp)
* File receive support for Jabber. (Thanks, Nathan Walp)
* MSN users are notified when the other party closes the conversation
window. (Thanks, Christian Hammond)
- * File receive support for MSN. (Thanks, Christian Hammond)
+ * File receive support for MSN. (Thanks, Christian Hammond)
- * Now using libiconv for better i18n support (Thanks, Junichi
+ * Now using libiconv for better i18n support (Thanks, Junichi
* Lots of i18n fixes (Thanks Matt Wilson, Ethan Blanton, A Lee)
* Correct i18n handling for many parts of AIM/ICQ, including
- instant messages, away messages, and profiles (Thanks,
+ instant messages, away messages, and profiles (Thanks,
* Improved MSN internationalization (Thanks, A Lee)
@@ -1158,7 +1166,7 @@
* Fix first message in tab not displaying bug (Thanks, Etan Reisner)
* Changed some default options
* Updated desktop and window icons (Thanks, Robert McQueen)
- * Switch the .desktop file to the new KDE/GNOME common vfolder
+ * Switch the .desktop file to the new KDE/GNOME common vfolder
format (Thanks, Robert McQueen)
* Removed all deprecated GTK calls. Now 100% GTK 2. (Thanks Nathan
Walp, Christian Hammond, Ari Pollak, Ethan Blanton, Robert McQueen)
@@ -1167,7 +1175,7 @@
* Can get info for ICQ and Jabber users from the "Edit
Buddies" tab (Thanks, Brian Bernas)
- * Code cleanups and fixes (Thanks, Federico Mena Quintero and
+ * Code cleanups and fixes (Thanks, Federico Mena Quintero and
* Word-wrapping on mail notification text (Thanks, Andrew Molloy)
* Generic File Transfer PRPL interface (Thanks, Christian Hammond)
@@ -1177,10 +1185,10 @@
version 0.59.9 (03/01/2003):
* Updated zh_TW.po file (Thanks breeze833)
- * Fix an oscar bug that caused some messages from
+ * Fix an oscar bug that caused some messages from
AOL 8.0 to be dropped (Thanks Mark Doliner)
* Changed "openprojects" to "freenode" in irc.c
- * Fixed charset conversion on systems which use a BOM for UCS-4
+ * Fixed charset conversion on systems which use a BOM for UCS-4
(Thanks, Alfredo Pen~a, Ethan Blanton)
* Fixed a typo in the man page (Thanks Eric S. Raymond)
@@ -1225,7 +1233,7 @@
* Changed "color" binding to Ctrl-K.
* Unaliaising a person in the "Online" tab will show up
in the "Edit" tab as well (Thanks, Jason Willis)
- * Internationalization fixes, esp. with UTF-8 locales
+ * Internationalization fixes, esp. with UTF-8 locales
(Thanks Matt Wilson and Ethan Blanton)
version 0.59.2 (09/09/2002):
@@ -1262,9 +1270,9 @@
* Now using libiconv for better i18n support (Thanks Junichi
- * Will work with Perl 5.8 (thanks, Timothy Lee and Dan
+ * Will work with Perl 5.8 (thanks, Timothy Lee and Dan
- * Fix for HTTP proxies (thanks, Ethan Blanton)
+ * Fix for HTTP proxies (thanks, Ethan Blanton)
* Read proxy environment variables. (thanks, Christian Hammond)
* Use the pretty gaim.png for our menu entry.
* Added support for gettext 0.11.x.
@@ -1288,7 +1296,7 @@
* Perl scripts can play Gaim sounds (thanks Andrew Rodland)
* Internal sounds can be played by commands (thanks Lex Spoon)
* Auto-login item in applet menu (thanks Chris Boyle)
- * Fixed MSN "Unkown Error Code", "Already there", and
+ * Fixed MSN "Unkown Error Code", "Already there", and
"Already in opposite list" errors
* Changed "Play sound" button to "Mute" button
* You can now have "reserved" chars in IM and proxy passwords
@@ -1305,7 +1313,7 @@
* Gaim can now handle messages from Mac ICQ and Miranda ICQ
(Thanks, Mark Doliner)
- * Added Mozilla to browser options and changed KFM to
+ * Added Mozilla to browser options and changed KFM to
* Can now set the server and port for MSN and Napster
* MSN Internationalization (Thanks Felipe Contreras and
@@ -1316,7 +1324,7 @@
version 0.58 (05/13/2002):
* Better applet transparency
* Option to raise buddy list on signons/signoffs
- * Formatting of incoming MSN messages
+ * Formatting of incoming MSN messages
* Get Info from menu multiple-account-aware (thanks
* Hide and unhide functions for the filectl plugin.
@@ -1366,7 +1374,7 @@
* Fixed MSN privacy settings
* Group deletion fix (Thanks Mark Doliner)
* Alias/Group syncronization for Jabber (Thanks JSeymour)
- * Fixed broken signal handling in gdm-started GNOME sessions
+ * Fixed broken signal handling in gdm-started GNOME sessions
(Thanks Jim Seymour, Vann, Robert McQueen)
* Oscar group syncronization (Thanks, Mark Doliner)
* ICQ Authorization via Oscar (Thanks, Mark Doliner)
@@ -1374,18 +1382,18 @@
version 0.55 (03/29/2002):
* Jabber improvements (Thanks Jim Seymour)
* Various sound cleanups (Thanks Robert McQueen)
- * Login process shown in single window (Thanks Michael
+ * Login process shown in single window (Thanks Michael
* Can reorder your accounts in the account editor (Thanks
* Shows "mobile" icon for Oscar buddies using mobile
devices (Thanks Mark Doliner)
* Fixed bug in MSN smilies that crashed PPC (and other?) platforms
- * HTTP Proxy settings now HTTP compliant (Thanks Robert McQueen)
+ * HTTP Proxy settings now HTTP compliant (Thanks Robert McQueen)
* Speling corections (Thanks Tero Kuusela)
* Oscar list icon fixes (Thanks Mark Doliner)
* Oscar idle times work again (Thanks Mark Doliner)
- * Protocol icons on Edit Buddies tab (Thanks Christian Hammond)
+ * Protocol icons on Edit Buddies tab (Thanks Christian Hammond)
version 0.54 (03/14/2002):
* Compiles without GdkPixbuf again
@@ -1396,8 +1404,8 @@
* Option to globally disable Buddy Icon animation (Thanks
* Numerous bugfixes
- * Yahoo! will tell you when your buddies are playing Yahoo!
- games and give you the ability to join them
+ * Yahoo! will tell you when your buddies are playing Yahoo!
+ games and give you the ability to join them
* Yahoo! can receive offline messages
* IRC can do DCC chat.
* IRC will convert HTML formatting to mIRC formatting.
@@ -1500,7 +1508,7 @@
* Better applet icon drawing (thanks to Ari Pollak)
* An extraordinary number of bug fixes
* Ability to stop animation on buddy icons, restart animation,
- hide certain buddy icons, and save people's buddy icons, all
+ hide certain buddy icons, and save people's buddy icons, all
through a right-click menu
* Event handlers in perl passed arguments as elements of
an array rather than all concatenated as a string, making
@@ -1511,7 +1519,7 @@
* Add buddy dialog now lets you select which protocol
to add the buddy to
* Pressing 'signon' on the first screen for accounts that
- do not require passwords no longer incorrectly displays
+ do not require passwords no longer incorrectly displays
an error message.
version 0.45 (10/04/2001):
@@ -1740,7 +1748,7 @@
version 0.11.0-pre2 (12/04/2000):
- * Fixed a segfault with a bad util.c
+ * Fixed a segfault with a bad util.c
version 0.11.0-pre1 (12/03/2000):
* Multiple connections
@@ -1782,7 +1790,7 @@
* A third conversation window display preference.
* Better support for things like Sawfish
-version 0.10.0 (09/11/2000):
+version 0.10.0 (09/11/2000):
* New Smiley Faces and Pixmaps added.
* Smiley faces now properly wrap in the conversation windows.
* Smiley dialog
@@ -1796,7 +1804,7 @@
* Redesigned preferences dialog
* Redesigned conversation dialog
* Removed the Lag-O-Meter (Lag-O-Meter is now a plugin)
- * Socks 4/5 Proxy works
+ * SOCKS 4a/5 proxy works
* Buddy Pounces are now saved in .gaimrc
* Buddy Chats are now saved in .gaimrc
* Ability to merge gaim, aim2, aim4 buddylists. Thanks again bmiller!
@@ -1804,8 +1812,8 @@
as. For example, if your buddy's SN is 'CouldntGetMyName', you can
alias him as 'Loser'.
* Compile with GNOME bits if available
- * Added GNOME Url Handler as an available web-browser
- * Added the S html tag.
+ * Added GNOME Url Handler as an available web-browser
+ * Added the S html tag.
* Optionally Ignore TiK's Automated Messages
* Option to beep instead of play sound
* New icons for panel (depends on some GNOME pixmaps)
@@ -1817,11 +1825,11 @@
* More plugin events, more plugin features
* Run-time OSCAR support
* Added buddy list ticker (See prefs/Appearance). Clicking on a
- name will cause a new or previous IM window to display for
- that screenname
+ name will cause a new or previous IM window to display for
+ that screenname
* "You are sending messages too quickly" error is now fixed
when you have a large buddylist.
- * Fixed the LC_ALL compile problem on Solaris boxes
+ * Fixed the LC_ALL compile problem on Solaris boxes
* Fixed PPC and ARM compile problem with oscar.c
* Smileys work better, and don't cause font attributes to drop
* Dialog windows are now prettier
@@ -1844,7 +1852,7 @@
* Double error bug when sending message to an offline user is
* Pressing enter once again sends a message in buddy chatrooms (oops)
- * More fixes for the change on the AOL sign-on process.
+ * More fixes for the change on the AOL sign-on process.
* Fixed bug where Gaim sometimes doesn't find a font to use.
* Per-conversation font and color dialogs (thanks fflewddur)
* Chat in oscar works (somewhat)
@@ -1859,14 +1867,14 @@
* Paned buddy chat window (Thanks Syd)
* Buddy lists (and changes) are cached to ~/.gaim/<sn>.blist
where <sn> is your screen name. If for some reason, you log
- into the AOL server and the buddy list comes back empty, we
+ into the AOL server and the buddy list comes back empty, we
check for a cache file, and, if we find one, read it in. This
- essentially implements recovery from a server crash at AOL
+ essentially implements recovery from a server crash at AOL
(AOL does not back up machines that contain TOC-based buddy
lists, unfortunately). (Thanks Syd)
- * Font selection dialog
+ * Font selection dialog
* Small changes to the Oscar/libfaim stuff (see libfaim/README.gaim)
- * SOCKS v4 Proxy support
+ * SOCKS 4a proxy support
* Better proxy support overall (you can get people's info now! :) )
* Two-way file transfer (you can get and send files, but you still
can't initiate either)
@@ -1910,13 +1918,13 @@
* GNOME Applet support works better
(thanks to Eric Warmenhoven for the patch)
* Support for displaying true type fonts
- * Lag-O-Meter does not send lag-test if not selected
+ * Lag-O-Meter does not send lag-test if not selected
* Fixed problem with saving away messages which contain spaces
- * Various GNOME Applet Enhancements (thanks AGAIN to
- Eric. Someone needs to stop this boy :-) )
+ * Various GNOME Applet Enhancements (thanks AGAIN to
+ Eric. Someone needs to stop this boy :-) )
* A lot of random, obscure bugs fixed
- * All of the major and I believe all of the minor memory leaks are
+ * All of the major and I believe all of the minor memory leaks are
(Thanks to Peter Teichman, Larry Ewing, Jeramey Crawford, and me)
@@ -1926,9 +1934,9 @@
* New .gaimrc format
* Better support for multiple screen names
* Font Properties
- * Saving of buddylist window position
+ * Saving of buddylist window position
* Fixed a problem with Gaim and the Netscape-branded version
- of Mozilla
+ of Mozilla
* New Sound Properties
* More General Properties
* Bigger Text-Entry field (Thanks to CrazyDavy for this one)
@@ -1958,8 +1966,8 @@
* Some logging fixes and improvements
* configurable host/port selection
* Clickable Links in buddy chat
- * New Gaim Logo
- * Display Signon/Signoff messages in conversation windows
+ * New Gaim Logo
+ * Display Signon/Signoff messages in conversation windows
* Option to strip HTML from logged messages
* GNOME cleanups (It might work now haha)
* When viewing user info, URLS are converted to clickable links
@@ -2033,7 +2041,7 @@
* `Blocking' on conversation window
* Add/Remove buddy from conversation window
* Scroll-Wheel Mice work in Conversation Window
- * Fixed WindowMaker Appicon
+ * Fixed WindowMaker Appicon
* Version Number in About Box
* Gaim Slogan in about box :)
- * Created Changelog File :)
+ * Created Changelog File :)
This was sent by the SourceForge.net collaborative development platform, the world's largest Open Source development site.