I uploaded a new bugfix release of Pentobi today. It fixes one major
bug, which caused the program to crash sometimes in early game Trigon
positions, and a few minor bugs. The full list of changes is appended.
I also reverted the change to use a SVG icon as the main window icon.
I realized that the desktop environments with large icons in the tab
switcher (Unity, Gnome 3) already use the installed scalable
application icon, not the window icon, and the desktop environments
that use the window icon don't use large icons. So there is no real
justification yet to add the extra dependency on libQtSVG.
>From this release on, I will no longer provide a package for Ubuntu
because the next Ubuntu will be released soon and will have Pentobi
(version 1.0) in its package repository.
This is probably the last maintenance release for version 1. I hope to
have a beta release of version 2 with new features and improved
playing strength ready in a few weeks.
Changes in version 1.2:
* Bugfix: program sometimes hung or crashed when generating a move
in early game Trigon positions especially when there were no legal
moves with any of the large pieces
* Bugfix: file modified marker was not set on certain changes
(Make Main Variation, comment changed)
* Bugfix: game info dialog showed wrong player labels in Trigon
and Trigon Three-Player
* Minor other bugfixes in the code
* Reverted the change that used the SVG icon for setting the
window icon because it created an unwanted dependency on the
Qt SVG plugin.
* Made Save menu item and tool button active if game is modified even
if no file name is associated with the current game
* Made the code compile without warnings with GCC -Wunused
* Made "make post-install" continue even if some commands fail.