We have detected a packaging problem in our recently released 3.0RC3
appliances and tarball. This communication explains the problem, what
users are affected and how to solve it in case you already downloaded
and used 3.0RC3.
* What is the problem?
The appliance and source code tarball were mistakenly packaged with
a pre-release version of the software. The difference between the
pre-release and the final release consists of a single fix regarding
the Tomcat restart in the Module Management Console.
* How critical is the problem?
Everything will work as in the final 3.0RC3, except for restarting
Tomcat after installing modules using the Module Management Console.
* Who is affected?
- Those who downloaded and used the 3.0RC3 Community Appliance.
- Those who downloaded and used the 3.0RC3 Professional Appliance.
- Those who installed 3.0RC3 using the source code tarball.
* Who is not affected?
Those who updated from 3.0RC2 to 3.0RC3 using the Module Management
* What can I do if I am affected?
You just need to update to the latest version using the Module
Management Console, as follows:
- Make sure you have changed your role to "System Administrator".
- Go to "General Setup -> Application -> Module Management Console"
and run "Scan for updates".
- Apply the available updates.
- Restart Tomcat using the command line environment. In the Community
and Professional Appliances:
New appliances are ready in the SourceForge download area as well as in
the Partner Portal's download area.
Should you have questions about this problem, feel free to post your
questions in the Openbravo forums:
We apologize for any inconvenience that might cause.