The new, stable NTFS-3G release contains the following functionality
improvements, changes and bug fixes:
* New: Full, transparent, read-write compression support.
* New: Two new mount options: compression and nocompression (default).
* New: Introduced windows_names mount option to enforce only Windows names.
* Change: Re-enabled compression in root directory.
* Change: Reversed default for showing/hiding hidden files.
* Change: Redefined default user mapping.
* Change: Marked files whose name has a dot initial as “hidden” if
option hide_dot_files is used.
* Change: Renamed option default_permissions to permissions.
* Fixed use of utimensat() with external fuse older than 2.8.
* Fixed a hang when reading a corrupt compressed file.
* Fixed a possible crash when creating a stream.
* Fixed all reported and found compressed write related bugs.
* Fixed partially overwriting sparse clusters on highly fragmented volumes.
* Fixed checking write errors in setxattr().
* Fixed processing end of partial runlist for compressed files.
* Fixed updating file compressed sizes.
* Fixed checking the device mount state.
* Fixed processing of options silent and no_def_opts.
* Fixed excessive cluster allocation within big holes.
* Fixed creating empty encrypted extended attributes.
* Fixed too permissive sanity check before compressing.
* Fixed error returns when writing compressed data.
* Fixed sanity checked when closing a compressed file.
* Fixed zeroing the end of an ex-hole cluster of compressed files.
* Improved sanity checks on security descriptors.
The latest release of the software is available at
Tuxera Open Source Team