Michael Hoenig wrote:
> Forgive me if this a stupid question. I am trying to run tcsh with my MSYS
> 1.0 installation since I am not very accustomed to bash. I downloaded a
> Win32 executable from ftp://ftp.blarg.net/users/amol/tcsh/ which works,
> but not very well - it seems to conflict with the rxvt that comes with
> MSYS. Can anyone help? Is there a way to enable tcsh as my shell?
> I am using Windows 98, by the way.
I am going to make suggestions which I've not tried so what I say may
not work and I'll not help beyond these suggestions unless I see
1) Make sure tcsh isn't in the MSYS /bin directory. I suggest
/usr/local/bin as a possible location.
2) Rename rxvt so that it's out of the way.
3) Make sure that c:\msys\1.0\bin is in your Win32 PATH.
4) In the msys.bat file make appropriate modifications to start
5) Cross your fingers and toes and punt.
Now, having said that, I can say that I expect you to have trouble
executing a configure script. If so the use ``sh configure ...''
instead. Your better plan may be to grab the msysDVLPR tarball and
build tcsh using the msysdvlpr environment to make tcsh msys-1.0.dll
dependent. Or, we can negotiate privately for me to produce a tcsh for you.