0.18.0rc1 is the first release candidate for 0.18.0 after 4 alpha releases. The team
members have been concentrating on bug fixing in order to make 0.18.0 available to all
Mantis users as soon as possible.
The team has also released an online version of the Manual to make the latest
documentation available to users at all time. Also users are now able to add their
comments to various manual topics, in a similar way to PHP online manual.
If you find any bugs or have enhancements to suggest, please do that via our
bugtracker @ http://mantis.calaquendi.net/.
Looking forward to your feedback. And as usual, remember to backup your code / data
before upgrading. Also note that we didn't do any database changes in this release.
Following is the change log for this release. These include the modifications since
* Enh #0000: New config option(user_login_valid_regex): regular expression used to
validate new login names
* Enh #0000: Added error_proceed_url() to allow pages to give a url to proceed to after
displaying the next error
* Enh #0000: Implemented parameterized error messages. Error strings are passed
through sprintf() and are parameterized with the values given to error_parameters()
* Enh #0000: Allow spaces and hyphens in login names.
* Enh #0000: Optimized the database query in file_list_attachments() to improve
performance of viewing bugs with large attachments.
* Enh #2377: Index user names in manage user page by letters (added config option
* Enh #2517: Security Warnings [on login page if admin folder is accessible,
administrator/root account enabled, or PLAIN passwords used].
* Enh #2981: Resolution in overview (show resolution in View Bugs page).
* Enh #3088: Show file attachment indicator on bug list page.
* Enh #3240: Show last login date in the main page.
* Enh #3242: Show bugnote add form before bugnotes to minimize the scroll needed to
add a note.
* Enh #3244: Add bug status to the autogenerated bug view link tooltips.
* Enh #3272: Bugnote links in view_all_inc now are painted in a 'not visited' color when
there are new notes.
* Security Fix #0000: All bugs were displayed if "All Projects" is selected and user has
access to no projects.
* Fix #0000: Part of filenames with '-'s were being cut off.
* Fix #0000: Improved adherance to the XHTML standard.
* Fix #0000: A bug in the handling of the case where a user who does not have access
to a private project, but has access level >= private_project_threshold.
* Fix #0000: Problem in filtering on reporter = 'any' in the print pages.
* Fix #2992: Unable to attach files to bugs on Windows servers with magic quotes ON.
* Fix #2999: Only administrators to can (to private) projects.
* Fix #3027: History summary a little bit too wide in emails.
* Fix #3064: View bug buttons in vertical column
* Fix #3072: Attached file should be opened up in a new browser window.
* Fix #3076: Bug reports are added to the "wrong" project.
* Fix #3079: Error when using phpMailer.
* Fix #3080: Project menu bar shows extra links.
* Fix #3089: Hide link to Profiles management on account page based on access level.
* Fix #3092: Problem changing printing prefs.
* Fix #3097: App Error 700 in project_api.php when viewing certain bugs.
* Fix #3108: No custom fields are shown in the details, if you are in "All Projects"
* Fix #3109: Error when adding protected users.
* Fix #3110: "Print reports" preview in explorer is not possible unless you select "Display
* Fix #3111: Bug links in bugnotes do not contain the FQDN as they do in the full
* Fix #3115: manage_proj_cat_edit_page.php uses the wrong project id.
* Fix #3120: Missing "Assign To" field on "Report Bug" screen.
* Fix #3121: When creating a bug that has custom fields, the values for the custom
fields are not sent out in the email.
* Fix #3124: view_bugs: a reporter has the drop-down box of actions, but doesn't have
* Fix #3132: Email for feedback does not contain the last bugnote
* Fix #3140: attachment.png is corrupt in CVS.
* Fix #3143: Show a padlock instead of "p".
* Fix #3155: Field 'date_added' (for attachments) not correctly printed in
* Fix #3175: Login fails when saved password is PLAIN and login_method is not PLAIN.
* Fix #3186: $t_protocol not set right (PHP 4.3.0/Netscape Enterprise 6.1/Linux
installation with Mozilla client).
* Fix #3218: Version vs. Product version confusing (renamed Version to OS Version in
advanced pages - English language).
* Fix #3219: Unnecesary DISTINCT SQL function call made the view_all_bugs query
fail with older MySQL releases.
* Fix #3214: Private projects links get replaced by public project links.
* Fix #3225: Row with the "private" checkbox hasn't got a colspan of 6.
* Fix #3231: Redirect problem when user clicks on a bug link while not logged in.
* Fix #3230: German translation [corrections].
* Fix #3232: Signup or password reset emails were not being sent if email notifications
were turned off
* Fix #3252: Category not selected on update if "&" is used in category name.
* Fix #3266: Possible patches against CVS (Not all changes were applied, see bug for
* Fix #3292: Exporting csv results in "cannot modify header" error.
* Fix #3295: $g_limit_reporters doesn't work.
* Fix #3306: PHP error if unable to connect to database.
* Languages: Updated Italian, German, Spanish, Slovak, Swedish, French and Dutch
* Languages: Synchronised localisation files with English localisation.
* Added Mantis FAQ to documentation folder.
* Mantis Manual is now available online at http://mantisbt.sourceforge.net/manual/