Στις 18-02-2010, ημέρα Πεμ, και ώρα 23:12 +0100, ο/η Nicolas LEBRUN
> 2010/2/18 Alkis Georgopoulos <alkisg@...>
> Στις 18-02-2010, ημέρα Πεμ, και ώρα 20:53 +0100, ο/η Nicolas
> > I'm trying the fatclient implementation made by Stephane
> Graber as announced to ltsp-developer list
> > ...
> > It does work, but i still get some problems:
> > - Pulsaudio doesn't function ... it looks like pulseaudio
> can't write
> > his symbolic link on /tmp because of tmpfs
I don't know why your mail came so late to my mailbox, but anyway here's
A new NFS_HOME lts.conf variable has been implemented in LTSP, which can
be used to mount the client /home with NFS instead of sshfs, because the
latter has some problems with file locks etc.
* pulseaudio, google earth, google chrome and evolution do
not work with SSH_FOLLOW_SYMLINKS=true.
* All of the above *except for evolution* work with
SSH_FOLLOW_SYMLINKS=false (so most localapps *don't* need NFS).
* Finally, all programs that I've tried so far,
including evolution, work with NFS_HOME.
How that works:
1) Install nfs-client on the chroot (or specify it
in the --late-packages parameter of ltsp-build-client)
2) Install nfs-kernel-server on the server, put
in your /etc/exports, and run exportfs -ra
3) Put NFS_HOME=/home in your lts.conf
You'd need the latest LTSP for that, so look for a new release/backport
in stgraber's ppa.