<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<meta content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type">
<body bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000">
Daniel Gryniewicz wrote:
<pre wrap="">On Thu, 2009-06-18 at 16:55 -0600, Ramsell, Mark wrote:
<pre wrap="">Daniel Gryniewicz wrote:
<pre wrap="">On Wed, 2009-06-17 at 03:14 -0600, Ramsell, Mark wrote:
<pre wrap="">Anyone know how to get flash to work in Liferea 1.4.23? I tried a
symbolic link in /usr/lib/liferea/
ln -s /usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so .
but it didn't work. I'm running Fedora 10.
<pre wrap="">Stupid question: Did you unblock flash in feeds in the browser tab of
the preferences? By default, flash is stripped from feeds.
I assume you're talking about menu Tools, Preferences, dialogbox
Liferea Preferences, tab Browser. What I see there is:
Internal Browser Settings
checkbox: Open links in Liferea's window.
External Browser Settings
dropdown: Browser [GNOME Default Browser]
dropdown: Open link in: [Browser default]
There's no mention of Flash in that tab or any other tab in the
Interesting. I have (in 1.4.26, but I believe it was in 1.4.23,
although I could be mis-remembering when it was added) in Tools ->
Preferences, under the Browser tab, a checkbox saying "Allow flash in
<pre wrap="">What shows up in the feed window is the article and a
puzzle piece icon for the Flash video.
This is indicative that flash is not being stripped from the feed.
<pre wrap=""> Click on it and a dialogbox asks
to download the plugin. Click OK button and nothing happens except the
dialogbox goes away.
I can manually install the plugin if I know what Liferea wants it
named and where it wants to find it.
/usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so is the Flash plugin for Mozilla
so I tired it in with the other libraries that Liferea uses in
/usr/lib/liferea/, see original message above.
Is your liferea maybe built against webkit? If so, there won't be
working flash plugin. If it's built against xulrunner, it should find
flash if your firefox does (assuming the bitness matches, of course).
Mine can find flashplayer fine on 64bit fedora, and on 64 and 32 bit
Dan, as mentioned previously the Fedora 10 package is built with
WebKit. So I downloaded Liferea 1.4.28, last stable version. Then I
tried to build it.<br>
./configure --prefix=/usr --include=/usr/include/xulrunner-sdk-1.9
I fixed all the complaints about missing packages by installing all the
appropriate -devel packages and doing...<br>
The files in src/mozilla still wouldn't build because ./configure
tossed my command line include directory, so I added it manually to the
Makefile in that directory. It still complained about missing .h files
so I fixed the .c and .cpp files to have relative references to the
proper directories where ever an error occurred. Was only left with
some warnings about redefinition of certain defined values, should
probably go back and see if the redefs are the same as the defs.<br>
Tested the app in the build directory and it displays proper content
rather than a puzzle icon. <br>
It was a simple 30 step procedure. I can't tell what the real problem
was, bad ./configure script, the xulrunner project, or the xulrunner
files in the liferea project so I'm not sure how to fix it for Fedora
10 so you can just do the standard './configure; make; make install'.<br>
I can post the build output and the manual changes I've made if anyone