<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<meta content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type">
<body bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000">
Cool, I wish I was better a C, but my fun is limited to Python at the
moment, and my real work (Diesel mech) takes priority over learning C.
You don't know how bad I want to help though...<br>
Alan Grimes wrote:
<blockquote cite="mid47026A36.1000508@..." type="cite">
<pre wrap="">Lawrence Shafer wrote:
<pre wrap="">Alan. How's it coming? I'm willing to test even half finished stuff.
Sorry, I was to lazy to re-do that much work. =\
Putting the matrix classes in shouldn't be that hard this time around...
Unfortunately, my updates to Component have to be sync'd up with changes
made to the mainline and there are many changes which need to be made to
all of the subclasses. =|
I might do the matrix classes tonight, if I get time, but Component is a
very complex class...
<pre wrap="">Alan Grimes wrote:
<pre wrap="">I've been going through a printout of Voltage Source and its related
classes to try to get a better understanding of how it could be
re-implemented in the form of a parts database entry. I keep finding
junk that I had removed in my own personal fork but which are still
present in the CVS tree... I found a tarball of what I had been passing
around before, it probably needs some tidying up before it gets put in
one of the SVN branches... If you need it, ask. -- it has problems with
it's engine though because it was a snapshot of the changes I was making
while I was rebuilding it.
A brief profiling run on the SVN sources (using valgrind) showed that,
if I am interpreting this correctly, 23% of the execution time was taken
up in the  methods of matrix and Vector. I'm pretty sure that my own
Qmatrix and Qvector classes optimized many of the 8 million calls to
those functions out... (and this really was a brief run...)
Don't worry about my matrix classes messing up the engine, the results
should be identical until you start mucking with the LU decomposition