jEdit 4.1pre10 is now available from <http://www.jedit.org>. If you are
still using jEdit 4.0, please test this version.
Thanks to Kris Kopicki and Oliver Rutherfurd for contributing to this
- Divider position in Global Options dialog box is now saved.
- Minor improvement to Python auto indent (Oliver Rutherfurd).
- Invocations of 'Delete Line' are now undone one at a time.
- Documentation updates.
- FAQ updates (Kris Kopicki).
- API documentation generated with javadoc is now included. A custom
doclet is used to generate a tree view for the help viewer.
- The installer now packs .tar.bz2 archives instead of storing files in
the JAR directly. Now that javadocs have been added to the core
distribution, the old installer balooned to 2.7Mb; the new installer
is only 1.4Mb.
To implement this the installer uses the org.apache.excalibur.bzip2
and com.ice.tar libraries. Licensing info and home page links can be
found in README.txt.
+ Bug Fixes:
- Stricter checks for windows being out-of-bounds.
- The text area no longer falls over if an exception is thrown while
firing a caret or scroll event.
- Saving a file within jEdit will refresh the directory search file list
- The Format Paragraph command was once again broken on Java 1.3.
- Installer's "auto" mode works now. The command line syntax has
java installer.Install auto <install directory>
unix-script=<bin directory> unix-man=<man directory>
The last two parameters are optional.
- EOL_SPAN_REGEXP rule was broken (Oliver Rutherfurd).
- Undoing all changes up to a save would not delete the autosave file,
even though the buffer was no longer marked as "dirty".
- Fixed minor problem with expanding files when moving the caret outside
the narrowed range.
- Fixed digit highlighting regexp since it didn't pick up 0xff00 (and
various other combinations) properly.
- Installer didn't work on OS/2.
- "Toggle Line Separator" command now sets buffer dirty status.
- Splitting the view more than once could break.
- Fixed a NullPointerException when doing a "Replace All" over a
directory right after a HyperSearch in the same directory, then
closing some of the buffers touched by the "Replace All".
- Fixed display of docking buttons on Mac OS X (Kris Kopicki).
- Dialog boxes shown by search and replace are now parented by a
search dialog, if one is open.
- Fixed yet another bug when editing the same buffer in two splits,
this time if the second split was narrowed.
- Fixed obscure file system browser selection bug.
- Fixed unnecessary repainting in text area, this should improve