Attached are the notes I made for installing iTalc in our labs. Most, if not all, should apply.
>>> <Hannah.Mosterd@...> 3/16/2010 8:17 PM >>>
How does one install iTALC on multiple master computers and allow all master computers to monitor the same client computers? I have correctly installed iTALC on one lab but would like to install it in a separate lab and allow the master computers in each lab to monitor the same clients.
Tech Mods Teacher & Technology Coordinator
Vermillion Middle School
From: Tobias Doerffel [tobias.doerffel@...]
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 9:22 AM
To: italc-users@...; italc-devel@...
Subject: [Italc-users] Test version of iTALC 1.0.10 for Win32
after a long period of silence, there's a new version of iTALC to test which
you can find at
This version now has a modern NSIS installer including an uninstaller (which
has been lacking for years). Other changes compared to 1.0.9 are (an extract
taken from "git shortlog 1.0.9..origin/stable-1.0"):
* applied patch by James Mitchell for improved username detection on win32
* removed obsolete localization files
* allow remote login without password
* fixed registry setting for personal configuration directory and personal
configuration file (closes #2006515)
* include stdint.h for compiling with GCC 4.4
* Updated Norwegian localization files.
* Added Turkish localization files
* QRC: fixed file locations of Chinese localization files
* Replaced occurences of QString::toAscii() with QString::toUtf8()
* Fixed build files to work with recent autotools/automake
* IMA/Toolbar: fixed painting of background with recent version of Qt
* IMA/ClassTreeWidget: sort items numerically where appropriate
* configure.in: fixed project homepage
* IMA: updated and improved splash screen
* Added NSIS script for building an iTALC installer
* Setup: removed installation functionality
* ICA/TightVNC: updated to SVN revision 3642
* Win32 build: make use of SSE instruction set
* Added Hebrew localization files
* UI: added support for languages written right-to-left
* Win32 resource files: extended copyright, preparations for v1.0.10
* Win32/VncInstHandler: use different name for VNC instance mutex
* ISDBase: fix compile error with GCC >= 4.5
The source code for this version can be obtained via
git clone git://italc.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/italc/italc
git checkout -b stable-1.0 origin/stable-1.0
I encourage everybody to test this version. It worked well here but I do not
recommend to use it in productive environments yet. I will wait for bug
reports until the beginning of April, fix possible bugs and then officially
Download Intel® Parallel Studio Eval
Try the new software tools for yourself. Speed compiling, find bugs
proactively, and fine-tune applications for parallel performance.
See why Intel Parallel Studio got high marks during beta.
Italc-devel mailing list