Its about time for an update on the 1.1 work.
* Most list displays have been replaced with the new GenericTreeModel
interface. These displays show up almost instantly (especially when
compared to 1.0), and take up almost no memory.
* The new database backend is becoming more and more stable all the
time. At this point, it is stable enough for experimental usage by
more advanced users.
* Since we can no longer abort changes by exiting without saving, I am
working on an "undo" capability. This is slow and tedious work, but
I'm making some significant progress. I will eventually post a
description on how it works to a wiki page.
* Performance is still very good. The Place View and People View seem
to show the most significant performance improvements.
* Columns can now be added and deleted to the displays, allowing you
to customize the views. The performance penalty for this was almost
Don Allingham <dallingham@...>
GRAMPS - Open Source Genealogy