This contains a significant number of cool new features... Here's the
excerpt from the NEWS file:
- Much improved GUI support in many places
- A top level GUI screen helps you get started (just run "geoqo")
- A new GUI/List module that loads sub-pluins for displaying lists
of caches and operating on them in different ways.
Solving puzzles: geoqo -x puzzles
Tagging waypoints: geoqo -x tagfound
(these are available under the main GUI as well)
- Cache "tagging" which allows you to classify caches by keywords,
upload and download the tags from the tagging server. Sharing of
tags should assist in finding "good" caches, or "nicehikes" or ...
To get started run: geoqo -x tagfound
- A new modify module to predict cache characteristics based on tags
(geoqo -d help:modify/classify)
- A new modify module to "limit" the number of caches in a set.
(geoqo -d help:modify/limit)
- An improved check-prerequisites.pl script
- Many many modules are listed which are optional
(it explains when you'll want them)
- It creates an "install" script to attempt to install the missing ones.
- New script functionality:
- allowgui=1 allows sub-components to use the auto-gui support
"In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap,
and much more difficult to find." -- Terry Pratchett