The 1.8 release of fwknop is ready for download. This release includes
major new functionality to allow fwknop to function in server mode with
ipfw firewalls on *BSD systems, and the fwknop client now runs on
Windows systems under Cygwin. Here is the ChangeLog:
* Added support for ipfw firewalls (found on *BSD systems). The
IPTables::Parse and IPTables::ChainMgr modules are not installed
on such systems.
* Added gpg-agent support for both the fwknop client and fwknopd SPA
* Updated client-only installation mode to restrict perl module
installation to those module that are actually required by the
fwknop client. This results in clean installs of the fwknop client
on Windows systems running Cygwin.
* Added --Defaults to install.pl so that fwknop can be installed
without prompting the user to answer any questions. This is to
make it easier to install fwknop on the Source Mage Linux distro.
* Consolidated daemon config files into the fwknop.conf file (except
for the access.conf file). This simplifies the configuration of
* Added recursive variable resolution in the parsing routines for
the fwknop.conf file. This allows variable values to contain
* Added init script for FreeBSD systems.
* Added --BSD-install command line argument to install.pl. This is
not normally necessary since the installer should detect
installations on *BSD systems, but this option can force this
* Updated knopmd and knopwatchd to use safe_malloc() instead of
* Bugfix to never time out rules from SOURCE blocks with
* FW_ACCESS_TIMEOUT set to zero.
Key fingerprint = 53EA 13EA 472E 3771 894F AC69 95D8 5D6B A742 839F