2012/7/1 ThorstenB <brehmt@...>:
> Am 30.06.2012 15:02, schrieb Bertrand Coconnier:
>> I don't know if it's only me, but all my efforts to match sg/fg/fgdata
>> version were unsuccessful until I manually deleted
>> src/Include/version.h in flightgear.
>> After a complete rebuild and installation FlightGear was finally able
>> to start but the above mentioned file was not restored ?!?
> "version.h" is generated whenever cmake runs. If you delete it, you need
> to call cmake again. It's also possible that a manual call to cmake is
> required after every version change, since we keep the version in a
> separate (non-cmake) file - which isn't really a standard solution.
> Either type your "usual" cmake command-line "cmake ....", or enter your
> build directory and trigger a manual refresh/update of all makefiles
> using the most recent configuration with "make rebuild_cache".
OK I finally understood what happened. Before 2.7.0, I was running
'cmake .' in flightgear root directory and it created all the object
files amongst the source files. Since it is not the way to proceed
with cmake, I decided to create a 'build' directory under flightgear
and call 'cmake ..' in there instead. Unfortunately it seems I did not
completely clean up the source directories since a copy of 'version.h'
was still being in flightgear/src/Include.
When the version moved to 2.8.0, 'cmake ..' created a correct version
under flightgear/build/src/Include but the old version under
flightgear/src/Include was no longer updated but was still used. Hence
I looked for all the files named '*.in' and deleted the files that
were created from them. Hopefully this should complete the clean up.
Thanks Thorsten and sorry for the noise.