I'm trying to do the following thing:
1- boot using etherboot pxe 5.3.7
2- load pxelinux
3- boot on the local disk via a 'LOCALBOOT 0' in pxelinux
The problem is that Windows XP or 2000 freeze during their boot when the DLink
DFE-530TX has already been initialized by etherboot.
Other things I've tried and didn't work:
- using another boot loader (pxegrub).
- trying different releases of the Win dlink driver.
- safe mode boot with network
Things I've tried and make it boot:
- trying 4 other NICs (eepro100, realtek, 3com, smc)
- or safe mode boot without network
So it seems that the dlink etherboot driver configures the card in a way that
windows does not like... Anyone knows if I can tweak etherboot to reset the
dlink card when closing the pxe stack ?