I released Escher 0.3 today. The following summarizes the changes since
** Performance optimization
- The protocol implementation has been rewritten to avoid excessive
allocation of Request objects and instead writes directly to
the underlying stream.
** API changes
- Improved image handling.
- Improved font support.
- Improved Window property support.
- Cleanup all over the place. Some obsolete things have been
- We now use Java5 language features such as enum.
- Added support for glyphs.
You can find all the code in the SF.net download section: