Here is the change log:
ctags-5.3 (Wed Jul 17 2002)
* Allowed --etags-include option without input files.
* Changed Asm parser to back to C-based parser to remove redundant tags,
and extending its support for more variants [Asm].
* Changed to using _tempnam() to create temporary files on Windows, allowing
"TMP" environment variable to set temporary directory.
* Changed the -x output to match that of traditional ctags when the --format=1
option is supplied. The new format was also changed slightly to conform more
closely to the original format, with the addition of the extra tag type field.
* Added support for Verilog language, submitted by Nam SungHyun.
* Added support for RISC OS platform, contributed by Andrew Wingate.
* Added support for "#pragma weak", generating macro tags for weak symbols [C].
* Added support for mixins and class methods to Ruby parser, submitted by
Matthias Veit [Ruby].
* Added support to ctags and readtags library for case-folded sorting of tag
files, submitted by Flemming Madsen.
* Added identification of class methods [Python].
* Fixed portability problems [Bugs #541997, #571240].
* Fixed bug in configure script [Solaris, Bug #542966].
* Fixed invalid package name tags [Perl, Bug #535068].
* Fixed failure to output relative paths into etags TAGS files on Win32
* Fixed incorrect line address in cases of line continuation [Fortran].
* Fixed missing tags for certain cases of invalid syntax [C].
* Fixed missing tags in Fortran with HPF extensions [Fortran, Bug #565813].
* Fixed spurious tag for clients portion of feature clause when following
an empty feature clause [Eiffel].
Darren Hiebert <darren@...>