*** Cream (for Vim) Version 0.14 Released ***
The Cream (for Vim) project (http://cream.sourceforge.net) has
released the latest version of an easy-to-use configuration for Vim.
Cream configures the famous Vim text editor so that it is simpler to
use for those of us familiar with Apple or Windows platform software.
Through intuitive menus, keyboard shortcuts, and extensive editing
functions, Cream makes Vim approachable for new users and adds
powerful features for experienced users on both Windows and Linux.
Some new Cream features from the 18 August 2002, v0.14 release:
* New block comments. Cream now packages and provides keyboard
shortcuts for EnhanceCommentify.vim by Meikel Brandmeyer. Use F6 to
comment a selection and Shift+F6 to uncomment it.
* New Spanish dictionary. (Jose Alberto Suarez Lopez, Wolfgang
* New Ctrl+G mapping to go to line number or % of file via dialog.
* Added toolbar toggle option.
* Modified the statusbar indicator of autowrap to just "auto".
* Added pipe/bar ("|") as a possible email comment indent character.
* Reversed word completion mappings for Ctrl+Space and
Ctrl+Shift+Space so more intuitive previous is easier. (Wolfgang
* Calendar window is now a little more intuitive when changing
windows, files or sessions.
* Minor spell check improvements.
Advanced User Improvements
* New expert mode (Esc toggles normal and insert mode and
* Enabled console menus (F12) for all you terminal Vim junkies.
(Actually, this was a purely selfish addition of the author given
that necessity is the mother of invention and he now has
"opportunity" to use Vim in terminal mode. ;)
* Minor terminal Vim cleanups.
We continue to identify and resolve bugs in the project, but know
there are many more. If you find a bug, check the ToDo list to make
sure it hasn't already been identified and then forward it to the
See these web pages for more:
Installation (and Download):
Announcement Mailing List: