Chris Forno wrote:
> If anyone wants an up-to-date Gentoo image: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6ETFU2VT
> The image is up to date as of 2007-02-23 (installed 2006.1 and rebuilt world with the latest portage tree).
> Could someone please test it and get it onto the sourceforge site/into the installer?
many thanks for the image.
Some small things have changed:
* Clear directories /tmp, /var/log, /lib/modules/2.6.12-co-0.7.1,
/mnt/var/cache/man/.../*.bz2 and .bash_history
* Network eth0 as slirp with fixed ip.
* Setup /etc/host with ip for eth0 and the hostname 'cogentoo'. Now, it
not ask a DNS for hostname. This was the blocking timeout before login
promps was visable (after "Starting local ...")
* Resized the image from 8GB to 2GB. Cleared the image by copy into
fresh created file filesystem.
* Swap file cleared (swapoff /dev/cobd1; dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/cobd1;
mkswap /dev/cobd1). Than don't use swap before add to Archive!
* Total size of archive now: 113.000.406 Bytes.
Have set it in current installer. You can get it from 20070303-Snapshot
of this weekend (version 0.7.1 olny).
I will uploading it as file "Gentoo-colinux-i686-2007-03-03.7z" to SF.