I've been optimizing again. Please note that there was an EDE bug
in for a couple days that caused sub-projects incorrectly generate
makefiles. I think it's fixed, though I haven't heard back yet on
I also found a cool internal Emacs function `locate-file' which is
able to replace some of my header file location routines with a faster
Lastly, I put a hash-table on the database table lookup code. Once
things get going, this saves on many calls to `file-truename' which
gets a bit slow when you have 200 headers or more in a project. (ie,
like the Linux kernel.)
I found a couple cases where I didn't think it was possible to get
to. I stuck a (debug) on them.
If you hit one of these (debug) locations, you will get a stack
trace. Please do the following:
1) let me know how you may have hit it, since it is apparently
2) Comment out the (debug) line you hit so you can keep going.
Eric Ludlam: eric@...
Siege: http://www.siege-engine.com Emacs: http://cedet.sourceforge.net