>>> Alastair Rankine <arsptr@...> seems to think that:
>Thanks Eric for the quick turnaround...
>Eric M. Ludlam wrote:
>>>>> Alastair Rankine <arsptr@...> seems to think that:
>>> OK, well here is the stack dump: http://pastie.org/214130.txt
>> Thanks for the stack. I put some protection into that top function to
>> hopefully catch such issues quickly and let you keep going.
>> I checked this into CVS this morning in semantic-lex-spp.el
>OK so I did a fresh CVS checkout [*] and reset the semanticdb cache files.
>Now I'm getting a wierd error in the idle work function, here is a stack
>(unfortunately I've had to remove some sensitive information in the form
>of file/directory names but hopefully you get the idea...)
> From what I can tell the error seems to relate to not being able to
>find the EDE project root, and yet I'm pretty sure it is set up fine. If
>I run M-: (ede-toplevel) from one of my project's files, it correctly
>returns the project that I had configured in my .emacs file:
> :file "d:/path/to/project/root.txt"
> :include-path '( "/" )
> :system-include-path '( "d:/dev/include/"
>Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 8/VC/include/" )
> :spp-table '( ( "_MSC_VER" . "1400" ) )
>Haven't changed anything here in the last few days, but that's not to
>say it wasn't broken to begin with :)
Your stack implies that ede-minor-mode is somehow 't' in a directory
related to boost/variant/variant.hpp but it does not actually have a
project associated with it.
If you loaded that file, and tried:
M-: ede-object RET
does it say nil, while
M-: ede-minor-mode RET
I checked in a small change that should catch the error, though I
can't imagine why it is true.
>[*] Eventually I realised that my CVS updates weren't working because it
> thought that some of my *.el files were locally modified.
>Unfortunately I couldn't work a) why the files were modified in the
>first place (all I did was "make"), and b) how to do the CVS equivalent
>of "revert" (it's been too long :). Enlightenment on these two issues is
[ ... ]
I'm not sure why your local .el files were locally modified. If you
get "M"s in your cvs update output, you can just delete the files if
you want them to update.
You can use PCL CVS from the "Tools" menu in Emacs to find and fix
this sort of thing, and even do your CVS updates. This might help in
Eric Ludlam: eric@...
Siege: http://www.siege-engine.com Emacs: http://cedet.sourceforge.net