Bacula version 1.24 is ready for testing. You can find
it in the SourceForge CVS.
- Interactive restore command in Console program.
- New Restore chapter in manual that documents it see
- Major speed enhancements for SQLite users (added indexes).
- Corrected SQLite problem with Windows filenames (names
containing " and ').
- Resolved several subtle segfaults and a hang.
- File daemon builds on Iris (build not yet clean).
- bls correctly prints filenames containing spaces.
- See the ChangeLog for the gory details.
Based on comments I received over the weekend, the
add/remove/rm commands have been renamed mark/unmark
for selecting/deselecting files for restoration.
If Bacula runs well here over the next week, and there are
no significant additional changes, I will release
this version (1.24) in a week or so.
Please if you can, test the new console "Restore" command
and send me your comments.
Things to note about restore command:
- This is alpha code, so if you run into problems, please
report them in detail.
- If you enter a list of JobIds, you must ensure that they
all use same storage media (this will be detected when
I add the code shortly).
- Restoring to the current system state is the function that I
tested the most. This option will probably not work as you
expect if you have multiple FileSets for your Client. I'll
see if I can fix this before the release).
Although I am and have been running it here, I am not
particularly recommending you use it in production
prior to the official release. If you want to OK,
I don't foresee any problems.
All comments are welcome.