Hi all, we're happy to announce a new Stendhal release.
Stendhal 1.10 includes both cosmetic and hidden (but deep!) change. On the cosmetic side are animated shop signs, improved creature and NPC images. Hidden, are changes to the handling of status icons (like poisoned), which is now controlled by the server and supports multiple indicators. Also, in-game trading announcements are now displayed on the website at https://stendhalgame.org/trade/.
You can read the full announcement and see screenshots at http://arianne.sourceforge.net/news/stendhal-1-10-more-than-cosmetic-change.html or the technical changelog here:
- More creature descriptions
- Added 3rd frame to cyclops and cave troll for smoother walking effect
- Animated sprite for diamond
- Touched up sprites for some creatures
- NPC Seremela has a new sprite
- Touched up elf ears for some NPCs
- Added reversible path on collision to Eheneumniranin
- Added achievement "A Bit Xenophobic"
- Reworked area around ghost in Ados city_n
- Now handles images for multiple status effect icons/animations
- On multi-screen systems updater windows open on the screen with the mouse pointer
- Shop signs can have animated item images
- Game opens in the initial window
- Fixing table entities in Kalavan houses
- Exchanging white round tables in fado city
- Clicking the menu button when the menu is open, closes it
- NPC sound effects are handled by server
- Sheep sounds are generated server side
- Domestic animals and NPCs use the same idea handling code in the client
Regards from kymara on behalf of the Arianne Project