Our reference server middleware, marauroa, has reached a new milestone.
We have successfully implemented multizone features into Marauroa and we
have refactored it to split in several different packages: client, common
So now it is inmediate to port client and common packages to J2ME to develop
mobiles client for Arianne.
This release of Marauroa has NO games inside.
It is just the server middleware, you can grab Stendhal from CVS ( or wait
for a release ) and use it in Marauroa by copying the compiled code inside
marauroa compiled code.
We have split server and games to ease updates in games and because Marauroa
is getting stabler and requieres less updates.
Marauroa is a Multiplayer Online Engine Server, that you can use to build
you own online games using Marauroa as a Content Management system.
Marauroa is completly written in Java using a multithreaded server
with a UDP oriented network protocol, a mySQL based persistence engine and a
flexible game system based on open systems totally expandible and modifiable
by developers and that is able to run scripts on Python for the game's
0.90 Feb 19, 2005
- Major code refactoring
- Added multizones feature
- Added content streaming feature
- Changed package structure
- Created a new Logging facility
- Added a client framework: ariannexp
- Jython is optional
- Filter banned IP packets
- Removed games code, now each game package will contain its own server and
- Updated this README
Request for help:
We do need help in several areas of Marauroa, mainly in:
- SQL code for storing and retrieving characters from and to database. I
needs to be optimized
- Test cases using Junit: Test cases got outdate ( yes, yes, XP says update
test cases first... )