Okay, here is what I
have found so far:
The problem only
occurs when I set semantic-load-turn-useful-things-on to true! I grepped cedet
for this variable and found it used in semantic-load.el at the very end of the
file. Here I find a (when ...) statement which has a variety of statements
inside of it. I have been able to narrow it down to the relatively bare minimum
number of statements required to reproduce this problem (PLEASE SEE
I have identified
(global-semantic-idle-completions-mode 1) to be the "root" of this problem. When
I comment this line out, the problem goes away. In order to avoid symbol
definition errors at load time, I have to also include
(global-senator-minor-mode 1) and
(global-semantic-idle-scheduler-mode 1). Just those two by themselves do not
cause the problem. It's only after I uncomment
(global-semantic-idle-completions-mode 1), that the issue appears. I further
tested by commenting out the offending line only and letting the (when) do
everything else but that. The problem no longer happens.
There was another
mail earlier today that also related to semantic-load-turn-useful-things-on
turning on some "unuseful things" as well. :-) I believe that with
that variable on, the user saw the methods buffer go blank some times.
He would then have to rebuild in order to see the methods. I have also seen
the same problem, but there was never a real resolution to my posts about
Anyway, IMHO there
is some sort of bug/conflict going on here. I look forward to any comments
;; (if (and
'semantic-init-hooks (lambda ()
;; (when (and (eq window-system 'x)
;; (add-hook 'semantic-init-hooks (lambda
;; (global-semantic-show-unmatched-syntax-mode 1)
;; (global-semantic-show-parser-state-mode 1)
;; (global-semanticdb-minor-mode 1)
(when (boundp 'header-line-format)
;; (when (and
;; ;; The above is also
asking for Emacs 21... I think.
;; ;; This loads any created system databases which get
;; ;; any searches performed.
(and (boundp 'semanticdb-default-system-save-directory)
originally posted this mail to the ecb list thinking that ecb was the cause of
the problem. Since then I have narrowed it down to a semantic. I will follow
up with another mail reporting my results, but first I thought I'd just post
this as is.
I'm using ecb-2.2.5 and cedet-1.0beta2b.
I'm using mic-paren.el
I've just noticed the following behavior, but I'm
not sure if it is ecb or cedet related...so let me start with this list
I have ecb deactivated and my cursor is directly
after the closing paren in the require statement shown below.
What I see is the following in the echo-are:
Matches: (require 'ecb-autoloads)
The (require 'ecb-autoloads) is displayed in the
echo-area with the text-properties(font-lock faces) from the original buffer.
Everything seems to work fine.
Now I activate ecb. This is where a see something
bizarre. When I put my cursor right after that same closing paren, I see the
same behavior...at least for a few seconds. After a few seconds, the
text-properties seem to disappear (sometimes completely and sometimes
partially)...it is no longer displayed with "faces/colors." This is not good.
This only happens when ecb is active. With ecb off
I have never seen this nor can I reproduce it.
I have ruled out my ecb settings by removing any