Menu

Anniversary Calendar - View Year is blank

Help
dft
2007-10-21
2013-05-29
  • dft

dft - 2007-10-21

I have a new install of phpgedview 4.1.2.
    View Day and View Month on the Anniversary Calendar seem to work fine but View Year shows nothing - does anyone else have this problem? Thanks.

• Mark Hattam

Mark Hattam - 2007-10-21

How much is "nothing"? Is this just for the year 2007, or any year you type in?

Don't forget privacy restrictions which might mean you see zero people & families.

Mark

• dft

dft - 2007-10-21

Thanks for your reply.
        "nothing" is zero individuals and zero families regardless of the year I type in or whether I click "-1" or "+1" or whether it's 2007.
        If I display an individual via "View Day", and then click "View Month" I see the same individual, but if I then click "View Year" I get "nothing".
        Correct me if I'm wrong, but as I'm logged in as administrator there are no privacy restrictions.

• Mark Hattam

Mark Hattam - 2007-10-21

View Year works for me ... whether logged in as Admin or not ... and yes, you're quite correct that when logged in as Admin privacy doesn't apply (but you didn't mention being logged in as Admin in the initial posting)

I do get errors when I click the Hijri link, but that's not the issue here.

You haven't got something else selected in the "Show events of:" on the right hand side, rather than the default "Births, Deaths, Marriages"?

The other thing i do notice is that the listing I get is in reverse alphabetical order - which again isn't the issue here.

Hopefully someone else will see this thread and suggest what the reason is for your problem.

Mark

• Jean-Marie [FRA]

I have the same bug with the "View year" which is blank (no individual).
      But the 2007 "view year" is OK...
      Strange bug...

• Greg Roach

Greg Roach - 2007-10-21

dft and Jean-Marie,

I wrote this particular module, so I'm keen to fix any problems you are having.

During the development of 4.1.2, a bug was introduced (for a couple of weeks) which meant that data was imported into the pgv_dates table with a "@#GREGORIAN@" calendar type for all gregorian dates (instead of a blank).

An effect of this is to cause some data not to be fetched.  (The annual and day/month calendars fetch the data differently).

If re-importing doesn't fix this, please let me know.

Mark - tell me more about the hijri probs.  It works for me.

Greg

• dft

dft - 2007-10-23

Greg,

I've tried to re-import and I get the following error:

Performing GEDCOM validation...

ERROR 2: copy(): Unable to access
        0 Error occurred on in function copy
        1 called from line 535 of file uploadgedcom.php

Warning: copy(): Unable to access in /path/to/uploadgedcom.php on line 535
        Valid GEDCOM detected. No cleanup required.

This appears to be some sort of permissions problems but I can't work out what? Any ideas? Thanks.

• Greg Roach

Greg Roach - 2007-10-21

Mark - the (or other!) hijri probs have just been fixed in SVN.  It looks like I forgot to submit some language file changes during a recent update.

• Mark Hattam

Mark Hattam - 2007-10-22

Yes, clicking Hijri no longer gives me errors.
        Thanks
        Mark

• Ruben Stein

Ruben Stein - 2008-03-24

I had the same problem with 4.1.3 and wrote a fix for calendar.php

see patch-tracker:
      http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1924330&group_id=55456&atid=477081

• Greg Roach

Greg Roach - 2008-03-24

Are you using PHP4?

• Ruben Stein

Ruben Stein - 2008-03-24

Yes, 4.4.6

• Greg Roach

Greg Roach - 2008-03-24

<<4.4.6>>

I thought so!

In PHP4, objects are copied by value.  In PHP, objects are copied by reference.  The current code therefore can't work on both platforms.

An oversight on my part - 'cos I wrote this bit.  Sorry :-(

In the code you patched, $cal_date and $ged_date>MinDate() are both the same variable (on PHP5), but different variables (on PHP4)

We need a bit more thought - and conditional use of the clone() function at the start of the program.  I'll see if I can get it done before 4.1.4 is released.

• Greg Roach

Greg Roach - 2008-03-24

grumb - I don't have easy access to a PGV4 system.  Can you tell me if changing line 77 from

$cal_date=$ged_date->date1;

to

$cal_date=&$ged_date->date1;

fixes the problem?

• Greg Roach

Greg Roach - 2008-03-24

I meant a PHP4 system, not a PGV4 system - but I'm sure you worked that bit out!

• Greg Roach

Greg Roach - 2008-03-27

Can any PHP4 user test this for me?  I *think* it will fix the problem, but don't want to submit the code change until it is tested, and the next release is coming round fairly soon......

• David Richmond

David Richmond - 2008-03-30

Greg,

You've probably already had this confirmed but I had the same year problem on a server running PHP v4.4.8. Changing line 77 as you described has cured it.

• Greg Roach

Greg Roach - 2008-03-31

David - no PHP4 user has confirmed this yet - so thanks for doing so.  I've just submitted this change so it should get included on 4.1.4