Menu

includepath errors

Help
2002-05-19
2002-06-24
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hi.  I finally got phpPgAdmin working partially, but I still get this error:
    Warning: Failed opening '' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /var/www/html/phpPgAdmin/sql.php on line 130

running phpPgAdmin 2.4-1, PostgreSQL 7.2.1 running on local:5432

also when trying to create a db, it says :
    Error - /var/www/html/phpPgAdmin/db_create.php -- Line: 10

PostgreSQL said: ERROR: zero-length delimited identifier
    Your query:
    CREATE DATABASE ""
    Back

Any help with this would be appreciated

• Dan Wilson

Dan Wilson - 2002-05-20

This looks like a register_globals problem.  phpPgAdmin requires that register_globals be on.  You can either change this in your php.ini or in a .htaccess file to make it a directory specific setting rather than global.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hmm.  checked that.  They are turned on.  Still does not work. :(  Any other ideas?
        Running RHL 7.3 btw if that helps.
        Thanks for the idea though :)

• Nobody/Anonymous

I got it working.  I had actually upgraded and had old files sitting around.  Deleted all of them, reinstalled, set globals to on and it worked :)  Thanks again.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Thanks for the tip on register_globals.  I had the same problem.
      I thought that putting register_globals "on", rather than specifically requesting variables with http_post_vars.. was a potential security problem.

Comments.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Thanks for the tip on register_globals.  I had the same problem.
      I thought that putting register_globals "on", rather than specifically requesting variables with http_post_vars.. was a potential security problem.

Comments? Or is the fix as simple as setting the register_globals in .htaccess?

• Dan Wilson

Dan Wilson - 2002-06-24

Actually, the easiest solution is to try 2.4.2-beta... this included fixes so all variables come from the variable arrays (HTTP_POST_VARS. etc)