Menu

Multiple frames in one browser solution

2007-10-31
2013-04-24
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hello,

I would like to propose a solution to have several instances of thinwire in one http session.
    Simply search thinwire sorces for string "instance" (including quotes) and change every ocupance to :

"instance_" + request.getRequestURI().substring(1) + ( request.getRequestURI().lastIndexOf( '/' ) == request.getRequestURI().length() - 1 ? "" : "/")

then build.

In the application one need to configure and deploy several thinwire servlets with different names in web.xml file
    ( for example /thinwire1, thinwire2, /thinwire3 ...).
    Each servlet can have it's own main app class.

• Joshua Gertzen

Joshua Gertzen - 2007-11-20

This is exactly the purpose/intention of using multiple Servlet contexts.  They do what you describe, just differently.

-Josh <G>

• Paul Logasa Bogen II

Do you mean put each page in a completely separate context?

This would make a my IDE, source control, and deployment massively complicated. Or are you talking about something else?

• hammerthrower

hammerthrower - 2008-03-16

Hello,

I used this workaround succesfully with TW version 553. Today I have installed
      the latest version of the branch 1.2 RC2 642. This workaround does not work.
      I received warning "invalid GET request with servletPath of ... ".

I should like to ask if the feature request "1835352 support multiple views per browser"
      will be implemented in prepared version 1.3 or is it possible to use another suitable
      workaround ?

Thank you.
      Peter