Help
Sigur
2006-11-29
2013-05-29
  • Sigur

Sigur - 2006-11-29

hi. this is my first msg here.
    I hope I do not make anything wrong.

I have just updated pgf, xkeyval and xcolor packages using the package manager from miktex.

but when I compile my file.tex everytime it ask me to instal pgf package. First time I agree and everything was ok with my picture. But when I rerun pdflatex it ask me again to instal.

Does anyone have any idea where is the problem?

I think that it is not with the package but I don't know hoe to continue.

Well, I wait a little help from my newest friends.

Regards

Thiago

• Kjell Magne Fauske

There was some discussion about this on the comp.lang.tex newsgroup some time ago [1]. MikTeX was slow update to PGF 1.10, so I installed it manually. My best tips is to uninstall the package and try again. If this doesn't work, you could try to install the package manually.

[1] http://groups.google.com/group/comp.text.tex/browse_thread/thread/6236cf7c18d59b1e

• Sigur

Sigur - 2006-11-29

Oh, thanks so much. There is a great discussion there and I will try to remove all folders named pgf and install from myself.

After that I return here to post the final result which I wish was a better one.

Regards from Brazil.

• Sigur

Sigur - 2006-11-29

Hi... here we go again.

I still have a problem. I think that is my user acount because I don't have permission to modify other folders but texmf.

I think that the refresh process does not work with my user.

Do you know which are the folders modified by miktex during the refresh?

May I ask to adm. to give me permission to modify the localtexmf too?

I can install and remove packages by miktex options and package manager but perhaps those does not are saved in a good way because my loss of permission write in folders.

What do you think about it?

regards

• Kjell Magne Fauske

It is very practical to have access to your localtexmf directory, so I'll recommend you ask for it. Regarding the package installation problem, I'm not sure what the problem is. MikTeX 2.5 changed the way settings are stored. Maybe you can find some hints on the MikTeX web site.

• Sigur

Sigur - 2006-11-30

OK.

Problem solved now. I have permission to modify the localtex folder also and then I can refresh de FNDB.

Well, it was hard to wait the adm give me the access but now everything is right.

Thanks by the help.

Regards and happy new year.