Dhvani is Text-to-Speech System for Indic Languages. Current C- GNU/Linux implementation supports Hindi, Kannada, Marathi, Malayalam, Gujarati, Bengali, Telugu, Panjabi, Tamil and Oriya.

Project Activity

See All Activity >

License

GNU General Public License version 2.0 (GPLv2)

Follow Dhvani - TTS System for Indic Languages

Dhvani - TTS System for Indic Languages Web Site

Other Useful Business Software
The Voice API that just works | Twilio Icon
The Voice API that just works | Twilio

Build a scalable voice experience with the API that's connecting millions around the world.

With Twilio Voice, you can build unique phone call experiences with one API, to create, receive, control and monitor calls with just a few lines of code. Create an engaging voice experience that you can quickly scale and modify with a wide array of customization options and resources.
Rate This Project
Login To Rate This Project

User Ratings

★★★★★
★★★★
★★★
★★
ease 1 of 5 2 of 5 3 of 5 4 of 5 5 of 5 0 / 5
features 1 of 5 2 of 5 3 of 5 4 of 5 5 of 5 0 / 5
design 1 of 5 2 of 5 3 of 5 4 of 5 5 of 5 0 / 5
support 1 of 5 2 of 5 3 of 5 4 of 5 5 of 5 0 / 5

User Reviews

• configure: error: cannot find zlib header i got the above error when configuring the dhvani. i installed the zlib-dev also still im getting those errors.
  • great work
  • Hi, this looks like a great package with lot of potential. The tar.gz doesn't compile in debian lenny. I seem to be having a difficult time to find the correct .deb install. After lot of poking around, I did find the 0.9 beta .deb file for debian which I started trying to use. When I tried a hindi utf text file, it creates an empty wav file. Can someone help? ---------- dhvani -o output.wav -format WAV hindi_sample.txt Starting the synthesizer........Done Now Processing... Phonetic synthesizer not available for this language. : No such file or directory Phonetic synthesizer not available for this language. : Bad file descriptor Phonetic synthesizer not available for this language. --------------
Read more reviews >

Additional Project Details

Operating Systems

Linux, BSD

Intended Audience

Developers, End Users/Desktop

User Interface

Non-interactive (Daemon)

Programming Language

C

Related Categories

C HMI Software, C Speech Software, C Text to Speech Software