OSI-Approved Open Source (35)
- GNU General Public License version 2.0 (15)
- BSD License (6)
- MIT License (6)
- Academic Free License (5)
- GNU Library or Lesser General Public License version 2.0 (5)
- GNU General Public License version 3.0 (4)
- Artistic License (2)
- Common Development and Distribution License (2)
- Computer Associates Trusted Open Source License 1.1 (2)
- Adaptive Public License (1)
- Attribution Assurance License (1)
- Common Public License 1.0 (1)
- Eclipse Public License (1)
- Educational Community License, Version 2.0 (1)
- GNU Library or Lesser General Public License version 3.0 (1)
- Public Domain (4)
- Other License (3)
- Creative Commons Attribution License (1)
- Grouping and Descriptive Categories (41)
- Linux (40)
- Mac (36)
- Windows (35)
- Android (28)
- Other Operating Systems (8)
- Modern (7)
- Emulation and API Compatibility (3)
- Virtualization (3)
- Audio & Video
- Business & Enterprise
- Home & Education
- Science & Engineering
- Security & Utilities
- System Administration
The future of information technology will be based on controlling the flow of natural light. This project is an attempt to establish the code (or software) that will enable this to happen. It involves rewriting an OS from the ground up.
The Isis OS Project Is a Controlled Project to Develop An Advanced Modern Operating System!
Simple OS made for educational purposes. Not preffered for a desktop OS. Made for developers.
Learn, Adapt, Store, Evolve, and Retrieve
A replacement firmware distribution for the 3com 3CRADSL72 a.k.a 3com wireless 11g (distributed by Ya.com) and its identical twin, the SMC7804WBRA, with an ucLinux kernel based system and associated system tools.
MightyOS is a serious attempt at making a fast and lightweight Operating System written in C++.
A x86 hobbyist operating system written in C and assembly.
A small multitasking OS to run on 65C816 based systems. Features to include a GUI support for as much HW for the supported systems as possible and a system of system extensions for easy expandability of the OS. The initial Development is being done on the Apple IIgs, with plans to port to the Commodore 64 with a SuperCPU. Eventually there will be ports to other 8 and 16-bit CPUs beginning with the 6502, followed by the z80, 6800, 6809, 8086, PDP-11, and then the TMS9900. Once these are complete there will be 32-bit ports to the 680x0, ARM, MIPS, etc.
Story OS is a small microkernel system with object-oriented service interface.
A desktop operating system project to help one getting things done.
A universal 64-bit Operating Environment for Multi-Processor Machines.
Customize Kernel 64-Bit Operating System
Full fledged Operating System for Atmel AT91SAM processors
open source analogue of IBM OS/2 operating system
The ppcOS is a hobby operating system.
TEF is a fully-featured, secure and has advanced capabilities including the intuitive Xsentry easy-to-use administration graphical user interface with WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) front end which has drag and drop security policy deployment.8 weekly downloads