Here’s the projects that we’re featuring this week on the front page of SourceForge.net:
- Pootle, Virtaal & The Translate ToolkitTools for localization: Pootle: web based translation management system. Virtaal: Computer Aided Translation (CAT) tool, Translate Toolkit: QA, format conversion and support (PO, Java .properties, OpenOffice, Mozilla, XLIFF, TMX, TBX, CSV, Qt .ts)
- jEditjEdit is a programmer’s text editor written in Java. It uses the Swing toolkit for the GUI and can be configured as a rather powerful IDE through the use of its plugin architecture.
[ Download jEdit ]
- tuxbootTuxboot helps you to create a bootable Live USB drive for Clonezilla live, DRBL live, Gparted live and tux2live. It is modified from unetbootin and runs on both MS Windows and GNU/Linux. You can choose to download the latest version of ISO file then create the live usb.
[ Download tuxboot ]
- Openbravo ERPOpenbravo 3, the agile ERP, is a modular, ready to use, 100% web-based open source business management system written in Java, that automates all of the core business processes for small and mid-sized companies.
- winPenPack: Portable Software CollectionwinPenPack is a project that aims at collecting the most frequently used and most popular open source applications made portable, so that they can be executed without installation from any USB Flash Drive or Hard Disk. The winPenPack suites offer a wide range of portable applications like office tools, internet tools, multimedia tools, development tools, security applications and other frequently used utilities. Everything you need, completely free, open source and portable!
- SamyGOThis project created for research on Samsung TV Firmware Hacking
[ Download SamyGO ]
- Tiggit Indie Game InstallerTiggit is a game distribution system modeled after Steam, Desura and the likes. It is currenly experimental, very minimalistic and only features freeware & OSS games, but has an ambitious goals list for the future.
- grampsGramps is a genealogy program for Linux, Windows, Mac, and FreeBSD that allows you to easily build and keep track of your family tree. It supports the GEDCOM standard, allows fine grained privacy controls and can generate many different types of reports (descendant trees, graphs, connection diagrams, ….)
[ Download gramps ]
- Alt-FThis site is Alt-F main download and a secondary source site. Main Code site: http://code.google.com/p/alt-f Homepage: http://sites.google.com/site/altfirmware Discussion Forum: http://groups.google.com/group/alt-f Alt-F provides an alternative firmware for the DLINK DNS-323 and DNS-321, that can be either run “on top” of the vendor firmware, or flashed into the hardware. Alt-F has Samba and NFS; supports ext2/3/4, VFAT, NTFS and ISO9660 filesystems; RAID 0, 1, 5 (with external USB disk) and JBD; greater than 2.2TB disks; rsync, ftp, sftp, ftps, ssh, lpd, DNS and DHCP servers, DDNS, fan and leds control, clean power up and down… and more. Alt-F also has a set of comprehensive administering web pages, you don’t need to use the command line to configure it. Besides the built-in software, Alt-F also supports additional packages on disk, including ffp packages, that you can install, update and uninstall using the administering web pages
[ Download Alt-F ]