With the platform upgrade process nearing completion, the folks in Engineering are starting to turn their sights back to site improvements, and here are just a few of the things that they’ve done in the last couple of weeks.
Bulk editing of tickets is a way to make a lot of changes very quickly. Unfortunately, if you edited 50 tickets, you’d get 50 email messages telling you what changed. Now, just one message will be sent with a summary of what has changed.
With the upgrade to the latest version of Solr, tool search results (for tickets, wiki pages, forums, blog posts, etc) now shows the date the item was last changed, and has an option to sort by date instead of relevancy. Additionally, search results will have keywords highlighted.
Code snapshots have been changed to zip files, to make them work better for windows users.
Repository names can now contain . and _ and + characters. We did this primarily for projects that are upgrading, but could be useful for anyone.
A while ago we added the ability to collapse multiple tools of the same type (ie, several repositories, or several trackers) into a single menu item which linked to a list of those tools. We’ve now added a drop-down menu of those items as well, to save you some time in navigating to a resource.