|Version 12 (modified by beckmi, 3 years ago)|
Welcome to Xoops Engine
XOOPS, or eXtensible Object Oriented Portal System, well known as a leading open source CMS and portal system, now becomes an application engine platform for web and mobile applications.
XoopsEngine?, as the new brand of the XOOPS Project, supports open and extensible engines backboned with its multi-engine architecture. As for now there are three engines available:
- Xoops: the official engine with new architecture utilized Zend Framework as primary library and Smarty as default view templating engine, as well as some third-party libraries. Demo is hosted on xoopsengine.org;
- Lite: a lite version of the 'Xoops' Engine with no MySQL required, aimed for high performance scenarios;
- Legacy: for backward compatibility to support legacy modules and templates.
By taking advantages of PHP frameworks like Yii, more engines will be provided by Xoops Engine development team, and community developers are encouraged to develop their custom engines as well.
- Webserver: Apache with mod_rewrite, or Nginx
- PHP: PHP 5.3+
- PHP extensions: APC, memecache/memcached
Access htdocs/install/ to install it.
- Source code -- Source code in SVN trunk
- Download nightly -- Dowloan nightly builder
- Quick Start? -- Quick start for developers
- FAQ? -- Frequently Asked Questions
- Installation Guide? Xoops Engine Installation
- Roadmap? -- Development roadmap
- Feature? -- Feature list for end users
- Architecture? -- Xoops Engine architecture
- Skeleton? -- File/directory skeleton
- TODO List? -- Core Dev Team TODO list
- Application Development? -- Application, plugin, applet and module development guide
- Code contribution guide? -- Developer contribution guide, mainly for SVN usage
- Contribution teams? - Placeholder for contribution teams
- TracGuide -- Trac user guide
For a complete list of local wiki pages, see TitleIndex.