WDB has moved!
WDB has moved its main code repository to git. The Sourceforge file repository will continue to be updated and the mailing lists (wdb-user, wdb-development) will continue to be used, but this trac instance is deprecated for other purposes.
To receive release information about WDB, register on Freshmeat and subscribe to WDB.
WDB is a database system designed to store meteorological, hydrological and oceanographic (MHO) data in a PostgreSQL database management server. The purpose of the WDB system is to improve the quality and effectiveness of IT systems for MHO production by providing a flexible and effective data storage solution for real-time and archive data. The system:
- Can decode and store meteorological and oceanographic forecast fields
- WDB has loading programs to load forecasts, analysis, wave and circulations models stored in GRIB1 and FELT format. Metadata is provided for Norwegian HIRLAM fields and some ECMWF data.
- Has a flexible retrieval interface
- The WDB Call Interface (WCI) allows the extraction of entire fields or points (time-series) from the database using an SQL-based function interface.
- WCI is compatible with C++; it should be usable in C, Java, Perl, Python, Fortran and other programming languages that support data acess to Postgres as well (however, these interfaces are not currently tested).
- Is Open Source
- WDB is licensed under GPL2 or (at your option) any later version.
The following resources may be useful to answer any questions:
- Mailing Lists
- Current WDB Issues
- About WDB
WDB is an open source project. We welcome patches and we will help you get more involved, if you want to be.