UMLMDA defines a framework to generate different artefacts (sourcecode, deployment descriptors, ..) from uml models. The principle of UMLMDA follows the MDA specifications, to define a model in a platfrom independent way (PIM). Based on different open source technologies like openArchitectureware it provides a broad set of generation template to generate code from service-, persistence-, domain- and application models. UMLMDA is used in commercial projects for many years.
- See the latest Release Notes for the UMLMDA packages
Recent wiki changes
- Setup the maven based generation process
- Setup IBM RSx for modeling
- Understanding the classic / UMLMDA 2.x configuration
- Understanding the oAW / UMLMDA 3.x configuration?
- Persistence modelling and JPA generation
- Tool differences using UML
- Frequently asked questions?
- How to create a release
- How to create a UML2 profile from a Rational profile
- How to setup the build for Eclipse plugins
- How to extend existing cartridges
- How to combine multiple models into one
- How to dump a model to a simple text file
Articles / Presentations
- German talk at JAX/SOACON 2006, about [file:SOA%20und%20MDA%20bei%20der%20CSS.ppt], slides 21 to 44 covers UMLMDA.
Roadmap / History