We have made a live scoring web software called Ultiorganizer for Ultimate Frisbee games. This software is made for event organizers and ultimate associations to provide easy access to the game results and statistics for growing fans of Ultimate.
- Public pages to show: timetables, divisions, pools, results, score board, defense board, clubs, teams, players etc.
- Administration pages to add/remove/update: seasons/tournaments, divisions, pools, field reservations, timetables, users etc. everything what is needed to run the league or tournament
- Team pages to register teams and add/remove/update: roster, club profile, team profile, player profiles
- User accounts and access right management
- Mobile interface for live score keeping (works with all phones having browser), SMS interface to update game results
- RSS feed about game results
- CSV exports from data
- Multilanguage support
- Google maps support
- iCalendar support
- PDF printing support
- Automatic Twitter update to chosen account about game results
- Media linking to games, teams and players
- HTTP server (apache 2.2.x recommended)
- PHP (4.4 onwards supported, 5.2.x recommended)
- PHP Extensions
- php_curl: required only for Twitter and Facebook support
- php_gd2: mandatory for profile images
- php_gettext: recommended
- php_mbstring: mandatory, if no php_gettext
- php_mysql: mandatory, if not bundled with php
- MYSQL (5.1 version used)
- Get code from https://sourceforge.net/projects/ultiorganizer/files/Ultiorganizer/
- Create database structures from sql/ultiorganizer.sql
- Configure database access into conf/config.inc.php
- Open front page
- Default user name: admin password: admin
For example styles, graphics and pdf-forms can be customized if default implementation is not enough:
- Change CUSTOMIZATIONS parameter in file '/conf/config.inc.php'. For example 'ffda'.
- Create new directory in '/cust' folder with same name as used in CUSTOMIZATION parameter. For example '/cust/ffda'
- Add your own styles, graphics and other non-common code under this folder.
In file '/conf/config.inc.php' is defined some localization parameters:
- time format
- time zone
- language (locale)
Language strings are defined in gettext catalog (www.poedit.net). Catalogs and other text files needed to translate are found under '/locale' -folder. Strings in database are translated by using build-in mechanism. Ultiorganizer UI provides translation-menu to add translations for database strings (f.ex. division names).
Source tree structure
/ - public pages /admin - administrator interface /conf - configuration files /cust - customization version of files /ext - external interface /images - images used /lib - database and other functions /locale - localization /mobile - mobile interface /plugins - for testing, simulation, data import/export /script - java scripts /sql - sql scripts /user - team interface
Every time the a session is reset (login or logout), the current database version is checked. The database version history is kept in the table uo_database. If that table has a maximum version smaller than the constant defined in lib/database.php, Upgrade functions upgradeN() will be called where N is the numbers from the maximum in the database to the currently required version. These upgrades will be recorded in the mentioned table.
The functions have mostly handled database schema changes and data conversion, but also they could alter the software itself in some ways if the need arises.
The Restful API is still under construction, but is available under /ext/restful.php/.
- World Flying Disk Federation (WFDF)
- Beach Ultimate Lovers Association (BULA)
- Finnish Flying Disk Association (FFDA)
- Polskie Stowarzyszenie Graczy Ultimate
- Portuguese Disk Sports Federation (FPUDD) http://www.portugal-ultimate.org/ultiorganizer
Defensive plays' support
The defenses are off by default. The upgrade66 function activates all the links and defensive statistics.
Contact to developers
- Kari Tolonen [kari.tolonen@…]